• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

my ships names :)

Ambrose LeGaillard

Powder Monkey
Here's for your eyes the depraved fantasy of this sea scoundrel when he paint a name into his new ship:

Luggers: Victory, (starting ship) Ranger
Yachts:Fortune
Barque,Fluyt and other commercial ships: Mercanta do Mar, Happy Merchant, Rich Ol' Man, Ol'Jew Loanshark (remember we are in XVII century, when the Spanish Catholic Kings threw jews from Spain, then also a Brit can have silly thoughts about jews and their usual banking/loanshark works), Nijmegen, Orange, Rotterdam
Galeoth: Bulldog
Sloops: Coimbra, Fleur de Lys, Drake
Medium/big warships(brigs, pinnaces,corvettes and so on):Tavistock, Buckingham, King Charles (I assume to be a Loyalist and not a Round Head in the choice of factions, then never name a ship"Cromwell"), Terror, Hastings,Warrior, Beaujolais, San Pedro, Queen Mary (aye,the infamus"Bloody" Mary), Tudor, Oporto.

Hmnn..the 1934 RMS Queen Mary? :D:p Mary I's rivals did make her a name alright.

Last edited:
assuming that "i'm" in the first half of XVII century the only well-known Queen Mary was Elizabeth Tudor's sister.

Terror is a name taken from a real ships disappearance case, in the following century (XVIIIc) two ships, Erebus and Terror disappeared. In the future, I want search something about, and make another of my history posts. Tavistock is the born place of a real sea giant, John Hawkins:)

I admit that I fighted with my soul for name a ship "Hood" remembering aWW2 naval unit with this name, also I wanted adjoin "Prince of Wales" but finally I discarded these 2 names.

Back