• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nassau 1715, a game modification for ArmA3

Well that's cool - lee shore storm scenarios in the pipeline!!

Its a beautiful engine - very nice choice for the mod. Where's the best place for updates? Here? The link in the first post?

The Virtual Reality engine is pretty good for being almost two decades old, but it shows its age. Bloodwyn, our scripter, has done an amazing job with the walking on moving decks feature (which has never been successfully accomplished in ArmA) and the sail system.

As for updates anything major will be posted in both places :)

Not yet, but a demo release isn´t far away.
And I just noticed I haven´t posted the small sailing vid I made some time ago.

It's quite old, our debug mode is on (the blue dot is the wind direction, by the way) and some things changed but it should give you an impression on how the sailing system works.

Last edited:
@Bava: I think somebody did post that as it looks quite familiar.
It also looks REALLY, REALLY cool!!! :woot

Very cool, indeed!
I only wonder if the crew would have to develop the same level of cooperation they had in real life and how would one implement the bosun's starter?.. Redouts for the guilty?

No 'starting', we believe in flogging around the fleet if guilty of disobedience :p

And the frigate is certainly going to require a certain level of cooperation for efficient sailing.

Hey everyone. The release of Nassau 1715 has been pretty successful. If you haven't tried it and you've bought ArmA 3 please feel free to try it out.

We're going to continue to work on this modification, adding more ships, clothing, equipment, weapons and specific locations, but in order to be successful as a total modification we really need help. What we're trying to do is basically a huge modification with a lot of never before seen assets in ArmA 3 and we simply can not do it on our own. We have a small team with only a few salty and experienced 3d artists and programmers and what we have planned is simply too much for us to do within a reasonable amount of time.

I would very much like to work with the Pirate's Ahoy community in this project. You all have the knowledge, skill and dedication needed for a project like this. The cooperation I've received so far has tremendously paid off. If you don't know the sloop in the modification is from Phillipj. His donation has saved us a lot of development time.

We really need help in is making 3d assets, such as forts, houses, weapons, objects, cannons, boats and clothing articles. We also need a dedicated project coordinator, public relations manager and project manager. (I'm an artist kind of filling all of these positions) If you'd like me to elaborate our needs I would be glad to.

We have a road map for the required ships, starting with the sloop. Next we're going to add an English Friate based on the HMS Blandford. From there we're going to add a snow/brig (which was also kindly donated by Phillipj) and then a French frigate.

This is project is very possible. That hard part is over, we got the proof of concept to work in the game except for a melee system. Everything else simply requires additional help. If you're interested we can discuss it here or at the Nassau discord. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Can't remember if I did before, but I made a Facebook post about this project to hopefully send some more people your way.
If there are some responses, I'll see if I can add your request for help too.
I'd very much like to see you succeed! :cheers

Just want to give an update we're currently working on getting the English galley frigate of 20 guns sailing. Fore and aft sails are functional! Interesting fact, on June 10, 1723 the sister ship to this ship, the HMS Greyhound, engaged in naval action against Ned Low, one of history's most notorious, sadistic and brutal pirates.
Arma3_x64 2019-07-25 23-48-20-48 copy.jpg

Just want to give an update we're currently working on getting the English galley frigate of 20 guns sailing. Fore and aft sails are functional! Interesting fact, on June 10, 1723 the sister ship to this ship, the HMS Greyhound, engaged in naval action against Ned Low, one of history's most notorious, sadistic and brutal pirates.
View attachment 34780
Oh my godness, I cant wait for the game to be launched :woot

Back