• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved National Promotions.... and related topics.

Jonesie85

Boarding Master
Storm Modder
Hello all, i have a question about the English main quest in GOF v1.2 full patch 1.

- How do promotions work? (when you complete set missions or is it supplied on an experience gain basis).
- What ranks are you suppose to achieve at what time?
- What is the correct Dev-console code to adjust the national rank/title.
- What are the implications of changing ranks before you complete various missions/quests.
- Can you complete a main questline of one nation and then throw that to the wind and complete a different nation?
- Are the main quest-lines of the 4 main nations different in any way?
- Is it better to develope a career as a pirate or through one of the 4 main nations?

I started 2 games both as a british adventurer (Jack Aubrey + Barrows) I started the main quest line imediately. I got to the 'gather information from Curacao. The one that costs you 100000 and then you have to board a vessel retreive a letter and deliver it for 100,000 + 10,000. After the initial dialog with the governor end you go back to him start another dialog he says you promoted. What rank should i be promoted to?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Promotions are just given out as you complete more and more of a governor's missions-they are basically only titles in all honesty. You don't really acheive them within a certain time, only when you take more and more missions on for a governor. As for the correct Dev-console, I suggest looking in posts regarding governor problems/issues. My guess would be that they have your info, but I could be wrong. In addition, you don't really change ranks, you only either lose rank or gain rank based on your actions (for example: sinking friendly ships of that nation, refusing to help that nation, etc. etc. will make you decrease in rank)As for completing main questlines, no, once you complete a questline for one nation the others are unavailable. The only exception I think you have is completing the pirate's main questline (the Henry Morgan questline) and ONE other major nations questline. The questlines are different in their own way, but they follow a similar formula-so yes, they are different for the most part (especially the Henry Morgan questline.) Lastly, it's not really better to choose one faction over another because they all have pros and cons. The pirates have alot cons, but they also can't be taken out completely and they have alot of subtle benefits, whereas the four major nations have ports, forts, and roaming fleets, but are always at war with another and can lose said ports. It all comes down to your personal preference. Lastly, I can't help much with your last question as I haven't played those characters that much, sorry.

Promotions are just given out as you complete more and more of a governor's missions-they are basically only titles in all honesty. You don't really acheive them within a certain time, only when you take more and more missions on for a governor. As for the correct Dev-console, I suggest looking in posts regarding governor problems/issues. My guess would be that they have your info, but I could be wrong. In addition, you don't really change ranks, you only either lose rank or gain rank based on your actions (for example: sinking friendly ships of that nation, refusing to help that nation, etc. etc. will make you decrease in rank)As for completing main questlines, no, once you complete a questline for one nation the others are unavailable. The only exception I think you have is completing the pirate's main questline (the Henry Morgan questline) and ONE other major nations questline. The questlines are different in their own way, but they follow a similar formula-so yes, they are different for the most part (especially the Henry Morgan questline.) Lastly, it's not really better to choose one faction over another because they all have pros and cons. The pirates have alot cons, but they also can't be taken out completely and they have alot of subtle benefits, whereas the four major nations have ports, forts, and roaming fleets, but are always at war with another and can lose said ports. It all comes down to your personal preference. Lastly, I can't help much with your last question as I haven't played those characters that much, sorry.
thank you for your repsonse it is appreciated :thumbs1

Back