• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Native raft?

Fluen

Freebooter
I've just come across a native raft in the waters around Antiqua. When I sailed closer to inspect it, the game informed me, that the funeral raft had already been plundered. Is is supposed to be some kind of the sea version of the chests on land? Or is there a possible quest here?

It's not a quest and it's not like chests on land. It's one of various random events that can happen during DirectSail. If you're lucky, you'll find some Indian treasure on the raft. If not, you find nothing. You weren't. :p Another similar event is an abandoned ship which might contain something valuable or might not.

By contrast, chests on land almost always contain something, and are automagically refilled after a week. First thing to do when you arrive in San Juan port, loot the chest next to the town gate. Buy supplies from the store, polish some swords, maybe get an upgrade or two for your ship. That should keep you occupied for long enough. Last thing to do, loot the chest again on your way out.

Thank you for your information. In an earlier version or build I encountered a mine. As you might imagine, that didn't go well.

Mines are another random DirectSail encounter, but only in later periods. You can also sometimes find floating logs, in any period. Basically, if you hear a panicked crewman, look for something to avoid! (You can also drop mines in the same later periods as you can find them. Press '9'.)

Back