• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Navigation and Maps

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I Played POTC and if I remember correctly you could press the M key and it would bring up a map that would show you where you were....
I prefer to sail in real time but i no longer have a way to navigate now that there is no map... and dead reckoning is certainly out of the question...
Yes I could use the Campaign map but for every second that I peek to make sure I'm on course hours go by( and if I don't move a pirate is on top of me in seconds. any suggestions ? am I missing something ? I have searched these forums but have found little in the way of answers.

Yeah I'm not sure if there is a way to bring up a map on screen while sailing like POTC did. I haven't bought any of those maps yet in game maybe they activate maps?

But one thing that helps a lot for me is to use TAB while sailing which zooms you out a lot. Then I can make out some landmasses from a distance and help me navigate to where I need to go.

The maps that you buy in game can only be viewed in your inventory by equipping them. In general one uses these to help find their way through the jungles next to cities and towns, or to find where a certain landmark is. You cannot keep them visable while walking through the jungle.

You cannot sail in real time from island to island. You must use the campaign map to travel.

Pirates and national enemies do get in your face in this game. Generally you can use other ships to throw them off course and the enemy AI stinks at accomodating land masses.

Just noticed there is a MOD in the mod subforum which enables an M Key map to your screen.

I Played POTC and if I remember correctly you could press the M key and it would bring up a map that would show you where you were....
There IS a map feature in the PotC Build mod, but not the M-key link. :no

Back