• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved nearly there

MD K47

Powder Monkey
"After nearly getting the mod to work that there is still one baffiling problem:(.
I can get the mod to start up and can choose what quest i want to do... it's the starting bit.
the game loads up and then insead of the game starting it goes back to the main menu, i clicked resume game and the screen is black but you can see the date, view the character menu and hear the music, but the screen is still black.

Can anyone please help this hase baffeled me for the past few days. the mod is Build 14 Beta 2.1 full ."

here is the tech files system log and complie log...

Attachments

• system.log
    14.2 KB · Views: 96
  • compile.log
    6.2 KB · Views: 90
i met that bug long time ago but i dont remember how i fixed it (i remember just that it was an simple thing like a clean install or a sound fi i dont exactly remember, perhaps from "config.exe")

did you already tried a new clean install ? sometime it can fail at installation

Oh! You made me remember something. My video card is touchy about the config.exe. It needs to be set at 1400X1050 32 bit with safe mode off or it might or might not work. Then I set the proper screen resolution in engine.ini.

i have already installed it twice, so it could be the video card, does the program flies attached mean anything to anyone on a cause of the problem.
i'll definitely try changeing the screen resolution though.

Yeah, there are a ton of things missing or corrupted in the log files. Where are you installing POTC? Are you following the directions carefully?

im sure now that the "black screen" is from the config.exe (resolution and some other things to change probably) and engine.ini (resolution) setting

its true that you get too much error, do you have XP, vista or seven ? (remember in vista/seven do not install in program files)

It is installed cdrive:/games whilst potc is cdrive:/bethesdasofwear/piratesofthecaribbean. so is installed on the c drive but not program files. i have loaded it onto two computers to see if it was a graphic problem a xp and a newer window 7.
the instructions did state not to install into program file because of the security. i also ran that program .bat or something that i think connects the files to the main game or something like that.

It is installed cdrive:/games whilst potc is cdrive:/bethesdasofwear/piratesofthecaribbean.
If I understand you correctly, you've installed the Build Mod to a different folder than the stock game?
That's why it won't work properly, because the mod must be installed to the same folder as the original game, overwriting any necessary files.
Please reinstall the mod over the stock game an let us know if it works correctly. :)

Indeed. Please follow the instructions in the modpack and have a look at our FAQ (link in my signature) for common problems and solutions.

I am really sorry for waste all you wonderful peoples time. Its is working fine after re-installing over the potc file. So it was my mistake and i should have read over the faq and instructions more carefully. Thank you all for helping me to see my errors. :facepalm it is a brilliant game :onya.
sorry for being a bit of a nob about this.

No worries mate, have fun with the mod! :cheers

I am really sorry for waste all you wonderful peoples time. Its is working fine after re-installing over the potc file. So it was my mistake and i should have read over the faq and instructions more carefully. Thank you all for helping me to see my errors. :facepalm it is a brilliant game :onya.
sorry for being a bit of a nob about this.
No problem, mate. You're not the first and you won't be the last. We're always happy to help. :doff

Back