• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need help creating swords with Maya!

Darthtuvok

Powder Monkey
So I started here this thread which will show my progress on creating new swords/pistols for AOP:CoAS
I will also use this thread to get some help from the veteran modellers with the Maya programming and the tools linked to it, since i am fairly new to Maya but i am willing to learn what there is needed to be learned on creating high detail objects.

So my first question is on how i can i carve in signs or carvings into blades or just for example something easy like into cube for example? Oh and how thick should the layers of the hilt armament be? should i use a cube for it and derude it all the time till it looks like it?
Oh and what type of medelling should i as a newbie use to make a good fitting sword? creating the blade and deruding it so it look like a swordblade is something i can good now, the only problem is making the hilt for i dunno how to start it?

Oh and can someone post me the password for the akella files? so i can look into the gm files of AOP and get some dieas on how to create a good sword hilt? oh and btw before i forget is there a way i can place new edges inside an already existing model?

thanks and i hope you can answer most of my vast questions^^

Back