• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help for Age Of Pirates : Carrabean Tales MOD

KaisRais

Landlubber
Hello Camarad,
so, I have donloawd the SuperMod (6gb) the probleme is I copy/paste in the files but I can't plays because message error.
so what is the probleme ???
1584284325-screenshot-1.jpg

:checklist

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 291
Welcome aboard, @KaisRais! :cheers

It does't look weird to me, but I am not experienced with CT.

Is there something about this in this READ ME-INSTALL-FEATURES file?

Also maybe @Cerez or @ChezJfrey can help you, @Cerez being an expert on CT as far as I know; and @ChezJfrey being part of the Buccaneer's Reef team.

Welcome aboard, @KaisRais! :cheers

It does't look weird to me, but I am not experienced with CT.

Is there something about this in this READ ME-INSTALL-FEATURES file?

Also maybe @Cerez or @ChezJfrey can help you, @Cerez being an expert on CT as far as I know; and @ChezJfrey being part of the Buccaneer's Reef team.
Hello , Thank u for your welcome,
in fact when I copy/paste the all files in file of Game, after I clik on start game and message of error
(Sorry my english is bad )

If I think of something I will let you know, but the other two people I mentioned have mare chances of helping you.

Also your English is fine, no need to be sorry. :cheers

Last edited:
Thank u,
By the way, Can you tell me what the best game ? AOP I , AOP II, POC ? what the best with mod ???
I am not sure, every game has it's drawbacks and advantages.
I haven't yet played AOP I, but about whether PotC or AOP II: CoAS is better, I would say both.
There is also TEHO which is also good, and I also like it equally.

As far as mods go, there is NH for PotC available here, GoF 2.15 for CoAS available here, and it's continuation GoF ERAS available on Buccaneer's Reef.
If you are interested in TEHO have a look on it's sub-forum, some mods are pinned there, as far as CT goes I know that @Cerez made a few patches an improvements and about the mod you are trying to run, but other than that I haven't got a clue, sorry.

I am not sure, every game has it's drawbacks and advantages.
I haven't yet played AOP I, but about whether PotC or AOP II: CoAS is better, I would say both.
There is also TEHO which is also good, and I also like it equally.

As far as mods go, there is NH for PotC available here, GoF 2.15 for CoAS available here, and it's continuation GoF ERAS available on Buccaneer's Reef.
If you are interested in TEHO have a look on it's sub-forum, some mods are pinned there, as far as CT goes I know that @Cerez made a few patches an improvements and about the mod you are trying to run, but other than that I haven't got a clue, sorry.
oke and the mod :
Gentlemen of Fortune: Historical Eras II Is compatible with age of Pirates Carrabean tale ???

Okay, to make things a bit clearer, these are all the Sea Dogs games in the order they were developed/published:

1. Sea Dogs
2. Pirates of the Caribbean (PoTC)
3. Age of Pirates / Sea Dogs - Caribbean Tales (AoP / CT)
4. Age of Pirates 2 / Sea Dogs - City of Abandoned Ships (AoP2 / CoAS)
5. Sea Dogs - To Each His Own (TEHO)

Each game comes with its own version of the Storm Engine, but certain mods will update your game to a newer version of the Storm Engine.

There is no "best" game, as each game has a unique gameplay experience to offer.

If you are trying to install a mod, read the Readme text file and the instructions on how to install it carefully. If there's something that's not clear, let us know, and we'll try to help/explain.

Do not mix different mods, as this will likely cause problems and crashes with your game.

oke and the mod :
Gentlemen of Fortune: Historical Eras II Is compatible with age of Pirates Carrabean tale ???
This mod is built for CoAS, not CT (see above list of games), and it requires a rebuilt/enhanced version of the Storm Engine, called the Maelstrom Engine, to be purchased separately, in order to work.

----

The first mod you were trying to install for CT, the Supermod, has different versions of it circulating online, and one of them is an old version that is buggy on new computers. It would help if you could give me the link where you downloaded the mod from.

@Modder01 can fill you in on this, but I believe this version is the latest version, and it also features an enhanced version of the Storm Engine by @ChezJfrey:
AoP: Historical Immersion Mod v5.0 (Standalone) for Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales

The official support thread, for help with it, is here:
Mod Release - AoP:CT - Historical Immersion Mod v5.0

----

If you are just looking to simply fix CT's many bugs and restore all its missing features without changing the game engine, have a look at my pack of patches instead:

Mod Release - Dialog Camera, Quests Fix, Larger Text, Time Fix, and Other Patches

Installation is straight-forward, for each patch, you just move/copy-paste the individual files into the same folder hierarchy/location within your game's installation folder.

So after installing the game and backing its files up (creating a copy of them for backup), I suggest opening two windows side by side, and moving files (not folders!) from one to the other to install the patches you want from this pack.

--------

Once again, do not mix different mods, created by different people -- choose the one you want to apply/try, and use your backup of the game to try another one.

Last edited:
I know that @Cerez made a few patches an improvements and about the mod you are trying to run, but other than that I haven't got a clue, sorry.
To be clear, I have absolutely no involvement in the continued development of HIS (Historical Immersion Supermod/Mod), that's @Modder01's project. It is simply that we were in talks of using some of my code in HIS, and that @ChezJfrey has helped me sort out and fix a few of the more difficult game bugs in my pack of patches (for which an update is still to come). We've just helped each other.

For anything HIS version 5 related, you should go to @Modder01, as it is his project.

The original HIS (before version 5) is an older community project, for which there is no longer any support, from what I understand.

To be clear, I have absolutely no involvement in the continued development of HIS (Historical Immersion Supermod/Mod), that's @Modder01's project. It is simply that we were in talks of using some of my code in HIS, and that @ChezJfrey has helped me sort out and fix a few of the more difficult game bugs in my pack of patches (for which an update is still to come). We've just helped each other.
Yep, I meant the patches in your signature, under the "Mods for Caribbean Tales:" category.

Back