• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Need help with installing mods

Demox

Landlubber
Hi all, I have played this game when I was around 12-15 years and when I recently remembered it somehow nostalgia took over and now Im trying to play it again but cant find copies in my area to buy, neither I see an online version.
I also tried some cracked versions,but none of them worked as it should have.
Either quicksave doesnt work, or this or that...
So I try to ask you guys, for 2 things to help me.
1:share a good cracked version with me please
2:send me links of which mods I should install if I would like to enhance visually and realistically this game?
I see this New Horizon mod is popular but i dont quite understand which files I should download and how to properly install it.
Sry I am a pc newb,but would really like to play this game again!

I hope yall can help,thanks

P.S. Once i set everything up and can finally play I can help testing,bug searching or any other way that I can

We'd be happy to assist you installing New Horizons. Let us know when you get a good working stock PotC then we'll guide you through it. :beer:

Welcome aboard, @Demox!!! :cheers

1:share a good cracked version with me please
Unfortunately, as @DavyJack said you're on your own with that, we can't help you here, sorry.

From what i understand you are willing to buy the game if you find it.
My advice is to search on Amazon or Ebay, that's what i did anyway.

After you find a working copy of game, were more than happy to help you.

Anyway when you get the game go to this thread: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update: 28 June 2019]
Everything you're going to need is there.

If you experience slow motion check these two threads:
Solved - Slow motion effect
Solved - Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware

Also, since you are nostalgic, you could check out my original soundtrack mod, you can find it in my signature, but this is entirely optional and i use it only when i play the Tales of a Sea Hawk (the original game's) storyline, since a new feature of the game is ignored: different music to each nation, but it good for the nostalgia fevers i get with that storyline.

Last edited:
Aye, when i get stock up and running I will bump this thread and deal with modding.
Thank you for quick answer!:bow

I managed to get a stock POTC to work,and installed the latest build,everything seems to work fine atm, will see if something bugs out it time.
Feel free to message me if you play some online pirateish games so I can join you sometime,
off I go to steal some ships now!
thanks to all of you!

Ok,so I have a problem,which is probably very easily solved but i am missing something here.
I started to play free game as naval officer(seemed most easy for a new player to get a grip for this game again)
went to town,bought what i needed,got some officers,went to see that governor and he gabe me a main mission and sidequest.
I went to my ship to sail away and complete thise tasks,but the storm is raging and opyion to go to sea is locked.
Then i went to tavern and got some sleep, but storm is still raging. Now,3 days of ingame days later,storm is still raging and i habe to pay my crew(basicaly for doinh nothing,just resting in the ship)

I went through walkthrough,but nothing is said on this topic.
Tips anyone?
Thanks

I started to play free game as naval officer(seemed most easy for a new player to get a grip for this game again)
Alternatively, start the game on default settings. Those are intended to be even easier for a beginning player.

I went to my ship to sail away and complete thise tasks,but the storm is raging and opyion to go to sea is locked.
Then i went to tavern and got some sleep, but storm is still raging. Now,3 days of ingame days later,storm is still raging and i habe to pay my crew(basicaly for doinh nothing,just resting in the ship)
One thing to try: Sleep 12 hours in the tavern, then go OUTSIDE, then sleep another 12 hours and go OUTSIDE again.
If I recall, if you sleep 24 hours in one go, the weather doesn't change.
But because with 12 hours the time has to update, the weather is forced to update as well. :facepalm

Back