• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need help with starting game

Grayflame

Landlubber
I apparently did this out of sequence but I've downloaded the beyond new horizons zipped file and opened it. Couldn't figure out how to launch the game, read one of the PDF's, and discovered I needed the original Pirates of the Caribbean game. OK, there are lots of games called that, so which one do I need to get going? And once I have it, does the BNH download kick in automatically or do I have to reinstall it? Thanks, when it comes to this kind of thing I'm pretty hopeless.

I apparently did this out of sequence but I've downloaded the beyond new horizons zipped file and opened it. Couldn't figure out how to launch the game, read one of the PDF's, and discovered I needed the original Pirates of the Caribbean game. OK, there are lots of games called that, so which one do I need to get going? And once I have it, does the BNH download kick in automatically or do I have to reinstall it? Thanks, when it comes to this kind of thing I'm pretty hopeless.
Hi, you don't need the old disks at all. It's a standalone mod now. Just unzip the downloaded files and run the game by double clicking on engine.exe. If you want to change your resolution, go into engine.ini and change it there manually to the resolution of your PC. It's a bit more tedious at the moment since the game is still in alpha but it will be better in the future.

I think we should remove that misleading information from game files to prevent such occurrences in the future;)

Back