• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Need help with Stealth

robinzon

Powder Monkey
Am Spaniard, but have the English flag. I went from 6 to 23 Stealth quite rapidly (within minutes). At the beginning of my deliberate Stealth-build-up campaign I was discovered as enemy already through a huge piece of island before I even came into view around the south tip of the Port of Spain bay. Now I can sail the entire Port of Spain bay without problem (flying the English flag), got as close to that huge Fort James (?) as is possible and even so close to English ships that one, when circling around me, almost collided with me on one of it's cirles. We must've been 3 meters apart tops, but I was still not detected as an enemy. Which is good. What isn't good is the fact that I would like to drop my anchor in the port and unload that annoying passenger for Port of Spain that I stupidly took in a SPANISH port, but I get no option to drop the anchor. AND I want to extend my trade into English ports as well. What also isn't good is that my Stealth is now stuck at 24, even though I've spent 24+ hours game time in close proximity (less than 100 meters) from either an English fort or English ships, in 3d screen, without my cover being blown.

PS: has anybody else noticed that the player character is slower to move in 2.0 than in 1.1? For example in combat when an enemy is about to execute one of those slow, heavy hits. With 1.1 my pirate would instantly jump back, but now not so much.

Thanks!

Well, i was testing last night.... iam playing as peter blood

I was approaching Willemstad in Curacao, a dutch port flying spanish flag (friend of dutch), dropped from map mode at some distance of the port, then sailing in real time to the port... passed the fort, passed a class 1 and 2 ships anchored close to the fort, and reaching the port safely without been discovered...
But.... the moor icon never appeared... :8q Even, i sailed out to open sea without been discovered... stealth grow a bit... but i was unable to moor in this way...

Then, at open sea i went to map mode, and sailed to the port, dropped to sail mode at Willemstad, and the moor icon appeared....
Seems it only work in that way, and not in a direct approach...

How do you change flag? The game manual says that you start with an english flag and a pirate flag (PeterBlood) - i dont think i have either flying. I haven't gained any of the others yet, but its a really neat idea and I can't wait to start using it :)

To change the flag: F2 + Nations sheet > Change Flag button (lower right corner of the screen)

You get other flags from ship perks points. (F2 + Character sheet > Abilities) there are both personal and ship abilities, choose ship abilities, assign points to get other nations flag.

Check 30 and 31 pages of the manual.

Back