• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Need help with the Mod

Sometimes when I start the game, it loads in "slow mode". You can tell because the opening PiratesAhoy! Logo Video staggers too.
When that happens, usually I close down all programs I have open and it'll work again. Otherwise rebooting helps.
No clue why that happens, of course.

Sometimes when I start the game, it loads in "slow mode". You can tell because the opening PiratesAhoy! Logo Video staggers too.
When that happens, usually I close down all programs I have open and it'll work again. Otherwise rebooting helps.
No clue why that happens, of course.

Never experienced this, myself. Heck, not even my old Vista PC does that. The only time that one slows down is when I force Anti-aliasing via the AMD control panel. :shrug

I didn't expect that one to occur for many other people; it's a REALLY weird and inconsistent one. Easily dealt with though.

Seeing as both you and Hylie use Win7, perhaps it's an OS-specific issue? Probably not, but it's a link at least.

That is not my problem at all. I have a global problem with all games. What Pieter describes has never happened to me.

I'm still tracking things down, but it looks like I might need to reinstall DX9.

Back