• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help?

fredadog10

Landlubber
Hey everyone, i'm new to the storm engine and new to the games on the engine and love all the mods you guys have made. because of this i would like to get invloved in some way. now i'm not a modder but i have a limited understanding of code (don't we all? :p) and could probably help anyone edit things for their mod aslong as i'm told what to do.

i say this because i would expect some parts of modding to be long and mundane repetative work. like changing values for every single ship in the game for instance.

so if anyone needs any 'unskilled' labour :D i'm here to help.

Anko

Welcome,

I don't think theres much "use" for someone unskilled, but we all start somewere.
The files arnt that hard to understand to be honest, if you just look through all the files and you can easily understand what does what and such, (I recommend using notepad++ to view the config files and such)

I'm new to this game engine also, but it is very easy to understand.
I've edited some things on my own, tiny little details to make things a little easier and fun.

I'm sure if you look through the files you can easily grasp some knowledge on what certain things do.

Yes i was using visual studio 2008 to try to debug the crash after leaving the berthing ships screen in build mod but didn't manage to find anything :p

Yes i was using visual studio 2008 to try to debug the crash after leaving the berthing ships screen in build mod but didn't manage to find anything :p

Yea this game does crash allot for some people, it did crash with me CONSTANTLY, But i edited the game settings and surprisingly it worked. I dont think its anythign to do with the games code ;)

Most of the time crashes are due to a persons computer not able to run the game fully, thus the game "clogs" up the processor and the game stops responding sometimes.

- Happend to me with GTA IV on my PC. After lowering the settings it ran like a beauty!

Back