• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NEED HoO development support. Jobs inside the thread.

Wedori

Mopar or no car
TOP CONTRIBUTOR
Creative Support
3D Artist
Hearts of Oak Donator
Hey everybody who have time and can help. Before I ask my question you should first think about this three things:

1. Are you ready to work continuous and with fun at Hearts Of Oak?
2. Are you reliable?
3. Did you real have time to realize the work we need?

Please note, that the actual stage in Hearts Of Oak development is very serious. People working hard to realize the game we all want, so dont please offer your help when the first three points you cant deal with.

In the next week I start to create an CryEngine assett database where you can download modells to use inside the map and work with.

Jobs:

[Texturework]

1. Creating or change Textures, modify existing ones
2. Create / modifiy / experiment with Parallel Occlusion-, Bump-, Diffuse-, Specularmaps
3. Play in the CryEngine for nice ideas, for example using of dirtlayers, aging effects etc..

[Mapping]

1. Work with the CryEngine Free SDK and test around with vegetationlayers, Time Of Day and decals etc.. Rise knowledge how to create fast procedual vegetation at islands side and
2. Work with material- and texturesetup inside the Engine

[Content]

Still the start of Hearts Of Oak many people work at 3D realizing of ships. Please think about all small stuff, the world need, too. ALL things, SMALL THINGS TOO, help to make the game more believable.

[Sculptors]

We need sculptors to create figures, flourish, signs, ornaments etc.. The content is very usefull in two ways:
1. Render great textures with
2. Base for later LOD-using objetcs (specific types like gallion etc.)

[Character Modellers]

We need 3D Modellers who create Characters for the Hearts Of Oak content

Hey, thank you for interest. OK, so please download the latest SDK and work with the testmap, I uploaded today in the evening. Mainly its important to get a fast overview over working with maps, time of day and assetplacemement.

Short tipps for starting inside the CryEngine Free SDK:
1. Get practice in working with Vegetation- and Assetlayers. This helps to organisate content in layers and hold an overview.
2. Get practice in placement of physical entitys (See our wiki here for this). Its important to understand this system because not all things are static placed (for example chairs, barrels, wood pieces, cannonballs etc.)
3. Get practice in materialsetup for terrain layers (I have setup some new materials). Inside the Free SDK, terrain textures need to setup in the textures area with naming and previewpictures etc.. This hold an overview too when the mater later contains many content.
4. Study the whole SDK mapping power :D ;) The CryEngine can handle many, many things, a lot of content to explore and test with are waiting for you.

I send the testmap with finished content today after work and post here. Please see our WIKI for few tipps. I update the WIKI when ever is time for this.

@Roman

I'll apply for sculptor and character rigger (NOT modeler).
I'm still working on my HMB Endeavour but in March I'll have a lot more time and I can also make all cannon gun emblems, but still continuing on the Endeavour.

I'm currently working on a "professional", production ready, rig, for my octopus-lady on the Endeavour's stern, to pose her properly. I think I can do that for cryENGINE aswell. So if someone has a GAMEREADY character, honestly I don't think so :(, I'll have a try. It would be set up for animation in Autodesk Maya.

P.s I think I have to search my great hammerhead shark, sphyrna mokarran, on my old laptop's HDD. Some toothy fish would be really nice ingame. :walkplank

hi wedori,
i'm really interested in this game development.i have some basic knowledge using zmodeler 2 since i do mod for NFS:Underground 2.can i give a hand in this development?if yes then i want to apply for CONTENT modeler because im not to expert with 3d application.i've prepared some low-poly model using zmodeler(i can improve the quality of these model).

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
Start wirth GTA3 and end with San Andreas, I work in ZModeler too. I have created many, many cars for this games. :)

I recommend, that you register at autodesk student programm and download Maya. With this programm you get practice (Maya have a good and fast worklow) and the you can create your first small content. Take a little courage and turn ZModeler your back when working for bigger engines. The knowledge you get, you can use your whole life. When my brother starts to work with Maya over 10 years ago, Im still in Zmodeler and ever when he show me worklow or finished content, I was impressed how fast this goes and how good it looks.

It was just a tipp but when you lve to create content and love to see your content ingame then you need to make a step forward. Its not hard, only the first steps are a little bit "unclean".

Think about and reply ;)

thanks for the tips:cheers..i have 3ds max 2011 but only use it to do some (stupid:facepalm) animation for gta:sa and never upload them..i never use maya before but i think 3ds max should be ok..what do you think??maya or 3ds max is better for beginner like me??

My personal opinion is: Maya is better because you have faster workflow and better options to organize big scenes (the experience in our jobs scene). Both programms comes from different directions, so better is to find out by yourself what you like more.
Give Maya a chance ;)

Thanks for reply,
if you say maya is better then i should give a try..
I'll come to you again when i got better with 3ds or maya..

Thanks for your time:ship

Try it and awake your personal happyness with the powerfull tools ;)

Hi,

Over the last couple of days, I was talking to @PiratesAhoy_ on twitter. I explained I'm new to the gaming world and I want to be an Design artist. But for that I want to know:

-What do I need to know to work with the project?
-Is there any problems with me living in another country?
-Do you have a deadline or something?

I would love to work at HoO, but I'm new to this all. I worked for one week or so with Unity, and know a few things. My knowledge of Javascript isn't great, but I can improve this easily. I'm happy to learn anything related to this project.

Apologize for my 'bad' grammar.

Thank you in advance,
Yours faithfully,

Robin

It might be a day or two until we can add you to the group, since the one guy with that authority is off, but I can answer some of your questions.

-Depends on exactly which department you want in on. Check the "list of development roles" thread in this board for a description of each individual team.
-Not at all. We have members in the US, UK, Germany, plus a whole range of other places.
-Not strictly speaking, as long as stuff is finished in a reasonable amount of time.

It might be a day or two until we can add you to the group, since the one guy with that authority is off, but I can answer some of your questions.

-Depends on exactly which department you want in on. Check the "list of development roles" thread in this board for a description of each individual team.
-Not at all. We have members in the US, UK, Germany, plus a whole range of other places.
-Not strictly speaking, as long as stuff is finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you for the answer. Just keep in mind, I'm not an expert. I just started with the whole "Gaming" theme.

Back