• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Negative sell price for ships

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Using the latest version of Beta 3.3 plus the previous latest zip addition (while I was installing that one and testing it, yet another one was being produced, which means I'm probably going to need to restart yet again!) I've started a game of "Brave Black Flag". After doing all the initial tutorial stuff, I left Nevis pirate port, to find a couple of Dutch merchants who'd made the mistake of sailing too close to a pirate nest. I captured both of them, intending to use one to hold the cargo needed for a fetch quest. When I got to Guadeloupe, I tried to sell the other one (the barque longue):
negative_price.jpg

That can't be due to poor commerce skill. Partly because I've never seen a negative price for a ship before in earlier versions of the game, even when I was trying to sell the ship by myself with poor commerce skill; and partly because "Brave Black Flag" starts you off with a full set of officers including a quartermaster with commerce 8 and all the commerce perks.

A thought. Someone previously commented on how, if you sold a ship's cannons, its value increased. Perhaps someone has tried to fix that and overdid it? If the ship I was trying to sell didn't have a full set of guns due to battle damage, or had a set of cannons less than its maximum permitted calibre, that could reduce the value after an attempt to fix the cannon-selling bug.

yes I fixed it, hence pieter tagged me.
But the things you say should have been taken into account ...
Could you do something for me?
Could you try to sell all the guns and see if this changes the price?

That was the first thing I tried. The price shown in the screenshot is after the guns had been sold. Before then, the price was negative but not quite so large. I can't remember what it was, but definitely minus several thousand.

I think I know why this happens. I guess the game is also taking the ship in the scoll into account with the sell price.
I'm at work now so I cant check but if you have some time could you please see if the sell price changes if you select another ship in the scroll above (where you select ships to buy).

If I recall, the purchase price for your new ship is subtracted from the sell price for your current ship.
But I do not know if the purchase price for the new ship actually takes into account its cannons. That might throw things out of whack a bit?

Problem was that damage was also scaled which it shouldn't be.
This is fixed now and while I was at it the sell price for upgrades is also added to the sellprice, So installing a update will increase the sellprice of your ship with 10% of the buyprice of the upgrade.

Attachments

• shipyard.c
    166 KB · Views: 106
Back