• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Corsairs Legacy gameplay trailers!

Three new Corsairs Legacy gameplay trailers have been released. While in different languages, each trailer shows a different fight. So I would advice watching them all.

English (Fight with the British):

Russian (Fight with the Spanish):

Ukrainian (Fight with the French):

Good luck at sea ye scurvy dogs! :cheers:pflag

I get making a spiritual successor, but 20 years is enough time to maybe consider updating some of the core mechanics of the game. Is it really not possible to make the boarding scenes seamless woth the 3D sailing models? Or at the very least have the boarding scene match the ship types involved or have some visual consistency with the color palette or the weather? Looks like two entirely different games.

Is it really not possible to make the boarding scenes seamless woth the 3D sailing models?
I suspect real-time would be REALLY difficult.

Or at the very least have the boarding scene match the ship types involved
If there aren't too many ships, perhaps they could hard-bake scenes with each ship vs. each other ship.

Do we know if the game will be as moddable as POTC?
Nothing known yet.
It'd be a welcome surprise if it were as moddable as PotC.
I'd expect: don't count on it.
Even Buccaneers! (also a Unity game) has only limited (texturing) moddability now.

Not necessarily real time, any other ships could be frozen in time while the boarding lasts. Hell, it doesn't even have to be the same instance or be truly seamless, just feel seamless
Even then, I can't see it being easy from a development point of view.
It's a shame but the old way is the easiest; and I believe they're trying to avoid being too ambitious with their development.

On the other hand, they're also developing away from their original scheduled timeline.
And the Demo is of the 3D Sailing Mode, rather than the Shore Exploration that they had started development on at first.
I wonder what happened there to switch those around...

Does this game have an updated and upgraded Colony Management System? I loved that about Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales. If it doesn't, count me out, I don't need another sailing simulator.

I bought TEHO this week, to support this new game, so I really hope they add Colony Management again or I will pass.

Last edited:
@Dago, I don't believe (m)any of the devs have Colony Management very high on their priority lists.
Which is too bad... It IS cool.

The Corsairs Legacy devs especially are trying to keep things simple.
They want to actually succeed releasing something; rather than make promises that turn out to be empty...

@Dago, I don't believe (m)any of the devs have Colony Management very high on their priority lists.
Which is too bad... It IS cool.

The Corsairs Legacy devs especially are trying to keep things simple.
They want to actually succeed releasing something; rather than make promises that turn out to be empty...
There's several pirate games in the make, listed on their site;

Top 10 Best Upcoming Pirate Games

I'm not a story mode fan, games like Skyrim I skip through the dialogue. If Corsairs Legacy has no colonization, I'll wait for their Open World version, assuming they add it there. If not, I'll just get another game listed.

SugarWinds is one of the best upcoming PC pirate games that is really worth looking forward to. This is a city-building strategy game where you can build an entire Caribbean colony, establish trade relations and repel pirate attacks.

Back