• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New 'ere..ye scurvy dawgs...

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
*InRP:Greetings mein freunds.. Kapitan Klaude von Stauffen at your zervice! ... I'm a well known mercenary working for the greater glory of the Zeven Provinces.

InRL.

Well,my passion for navigation and exploration have led me here.On this wonderful gaming community with an awesome name. :gday All!
There isn't much that I could say about me,except for the fact that I have a strange passion for all the games related into "navigation" "pirates".

I have a wide knowledge of C+ and C++ languages.I can help the modding community into creating new adaptive features for the awesome mod that you were [still] working on [[sup]Combined Mod[/sub]].

I hope that you know the game that bares the name of Freelancer. A game released by Microsoft in 2001 [I think?]. Since then a wide community spread around the Internet releasing a well known mod. Discovery Freelancer [Issue 13: 4.85]. I am working as a developer for that game too,oftenly adding new features into the game that are rather mechanical than eye candy.

Let me quote what the game is...

inSP: Experience a vast, open-ended universe filled with an infinite number of adventures. You are the freelancer Edison Trent, an intergalactic jack-of-all-trades. Your mission: whatever you want. Become a smuggler or a ruthless space thug, a naval hero or a trader. Dodge through asteroid fields while piloting elite spacecraft. The action is endless as you make your way through 48 known star systems. Greed, morality, compassion, anger... whatever motivates you, the dynamic universe will respond.

The game is multiplayer. The mod that I mentioned above developed a nice "roleplay" around it. The server is balanced mainly towards the Roleplay effect of a player rather than his PvP skill.

Example:

Big Bob [Pirate] meets Lil' John [Trader]
Stop..gimme muney or I kil ya nao! [Not good] not RP.

Example of RP: Hey..trader..cut your engines or I will transform you to space dust..

*Meanwhile Jack Navy ,a navy officers saw that the pirate was trying to demand credits from the trader*

Jack Navy engages without any advise Big Bob and "kill" him. [Very very wrong]

Example of what you "should" do: What is happening here? Are you demanding credits? If so I will be forced to take you into custody.

Even so..I don't want to pubblicize this thing here.. ;)

Visit these URL's for further informations about the game. Or ask me here about the game.

Discovery Freelancer Main Forum *This is the main forum., the member count is currently at 17.937.Register there and be sure to leave a "message" [thread] in the "Welcome!" Section.

Discovery Wiki Take a peak on our "daily updated" Wiki.The Wiki Board Administrator is me.Check the RP history of the game.The main houses..the ships..you name it,we got it.

Since I went off-topic I wanted to give a very positive feedback of the Combined Mod and of this Community.
I took the freedom to pubblicize this mod on the Discovery Forum.

If I would be asked this: "What vote do you give to the Combined Mod"?

I would reply: 9/10
*Why?: Because there are some issues like the Cannon Spam , the Superior Warship Textures , the Church related quests to the "clean the evil spirits" that never end. The fact that you didn't included any EnbSeries graphical enhancement mod to update the graphics of this fine game.And I need to mention that a lot of textures on ships/items/statics must be worked over again.

Even so..the positive notes will go to the wide assortment of ships/items and other misc clutter that you inserted in the game.
The new characters that you made are purely gorgeus and awesome but some of them lack in "textures" like the body model of Jack Aubrey.

Since I had "love at first sight" with this mod. I hereby declare that I would be glad to help and join the developing team of PiratesAhoy.

Sorry if I went a bit off-topic..but hell! This is Real Life! Not Roleplay! :dance

wallpaper_0004.jpg

Looks like a cool game. Not totally my cup of tea Matey, (I like the sound o water splashin up agin me oak hull, YARRR!!!!) but my son will love it.

However, do you think you could get me the ogg. music file from this Discovery game trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FVopkl9Mk

I would like to use it as battle music in my COAS Combined Mod music pack.

Thanks

MK

Welcome, mate! We will always welcome new members here, especially ones with programming experience!

And just because I can't help myself, I have to mention the other modpack we're still working on here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons for the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game.
I can very much recommend you check that out too if you've got the chance.

BTW: We've got ENB working for PotC and the same files also work for CoAS; see the CoAS ModDB Profile.
However, while it makes a proper improvement to PotC, I didn't notice it making much of a difference with CoAS.
Still, you can give it a try. :yes

Greetings Imperial.

A good programmer is awesome, and welcome. Being a member here for years, I've been impressed with the mods that have been released. Remember that to make a good release you need good skilled people of all the aspects, plus the oppinions of the players that will be using any mod.

For example, this musician could be cool...:wp

Back