• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved New Game Crash

Pilgrim

Landlubber
Ahoy there mateys.

I've just installed the Build Mod 14 Beta 2.1 and the patch Beta 2.5 light and followed the instructions to the letter but the game refuses to start up a new game. It is installed in a separate directory to what games are usually installed in to counter that security issue you have mentioned. The only thing I twiddled with in regards to the files is change the screen resolution to that of my computer and set full screen to 0.

The game seems to load up everything ok until I get to the "Start New Game" button. Once I've picked the story (the default one in this case, Nathaniel Hawk) etc. and then click the start button it goes onto the loading screen and then comes up with the message that the program has encountered a problem.

I've attached the debug files.

Just for extra information I'll also put my system specs but I've no idea how useful they may be.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium B950 @ 2.10GHz65 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
TOSHIBA PWWHA (CPU 1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Hard Drives
625GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK6475GSX (SATA)46 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633F
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I hope there's a solution to this problem because up until a couple of weeks ago I had been resigned to never being able to play the game again.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 73
  • system.log
    375 bytes · Views: 72
You have Intel graphics. When installing did you tick the Intel graphics box? The game tends to not run on Intel graphics without that tweak.

When I ran the installation there were two tick boxes. One was the HD graphics and I figured that wasn't the best option with my laptop. Is that the box you mean?

Those are indeed the boxes. Try to install Beta 2.5 again, making sure to select the "Intel Graphics Fix" when you get the choice.

Ok. I'll give it a shot now. I saw that it said really high spec so I avoided checking it. I'll let you know the results.

You want the one called "Intel Graphics Fix" in the Beta 2.5 installer, NOT the one called "ENB Enhanced Graphics".

After a long re-installation I got it all fixed, thanks guys. It works now, mostly. Just a couple of bugs and that. Thanks again!

Just small technical glitches. Like when I die it sometimes prevents me from loading up a new game or reloading, when leaving the first port in the Nathaniel campaign I got butchered by the French navy as soon as I set foot on my boat. Some occasional crashes too.

Just small technical glitches. Like when I die it sometimes prevents me from loading up a new game or reloading
Do you get to watch your corpse on the ground indefinitely? What island are you on?

when leaving the first port in the Nathaniel campaign I got butchered by the French navy as soon as I set foot on my boat. Some occasional crashes too.
You selected England as your starting nation? Hoist a flag friendly to France before setting sail.

Pieter Boelen said:
Do you get to watch your corpse on the ground indefinitely? What island are you on?

The one you start on. I can't remember the changed name for it but it was the old Oxbay. I think the death movie loaded up as soon as my body hit the ground.

Pieter Boelen said:
You selected England as your starting nation? Hoist a flag friendly to France before setting sail.

Yup. I think I did start as England. I didn't realise there was an option to change flag. I'll keep that in mind when I start again. Thanks.

The one you start on. I can't remember the changed name for it but it was the old Oxbay. I think the death movie loaded up as soon as my body hit the ground.
So you DID get the movie. Then you're supposed to be thrown either to the main menu (if you died) or to the tavern (if you survived).
Is that happening? And what is the modpack version you have listed in your main menu?

Yup. I think I did start as England. I didn't realise there was an option to change flag. I'll keep that in mind when I start again. Thanks.
We're trying to make the next release a bit more forgiving.

Yeah, I got the movie and that sent me to the main menu but the "New Game" and "Load Game" selections were greyed out. I read that someone else had an issue like this before.

What is the modpack version you have listed in your main menu?

That's really very strange. The "Load Game" button should EVER be disabled. Unless you have no savegames at all or something.
And "New Game" should work fine too. :confused:

Nah, I saved just before I died. Anyway, it was a one time thing and I've not experienced it again. Could be just the whole intel farce. I had read someone else mention that problem so I thought I would mention it. At least the game works now, so thanks again. Although with a pre-order of AC: Black Flag I wonder how long I'll be playing. :p

Back