• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons for Mount Blade?

M&B New Horizons - Yes I would switch.....

• Yes - I'll Play it

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Yes - And I'd help make it!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Have to see if it got of the ground first :I

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
I do own mount & blade (Albeit the more recent "With Fire and Sword") and it is a pretty great engine to work on. I have several years experience with coding games and I understand the M&B coding pretty well too, if a project like M&B: New Horizon's would come out I volunteer to do some coding work. One tip is to use "With Fire and Sword" as that is a further build on upon Warband and it features period accurate muskets, pistols & grenades already.

Suggest you look at the "Hearts of Oak" forum - we are looking to move towards using the Unreal engine

:type1

I've modded M&B for years (see sig) and have plenty experience with it.

Sea Dogs is a pirate mod under cosntruction, and for the old versions of M&B, there was a very fine Pirates! mod, http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,13.0.html which, unfortunately never got finished, but I played the betas and it had what is mentioned in the first post, a sailable map, ship boarding combat, cannon shooting, land battle.

Due to the way the engine works, I'd say everything ship-related is much much better in New Horizons, based on POTC. M&B's ship combat was basic and clunky and very unconvincing.

Whatr M&B has done a much better job at than POTC, hands down, is melee and ranged combat, which somehow just feels a lot more organic than POTC's, and is a lot of fun in 1st person too, which is nearly useless for me in POTC.

So, the combo of POTC's ship battles and M&B's fighting would be a lot of fun indeed in the new game.

Back