• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons Main Quest Trigger Problem

TDLdark

Landlubber
I run into a problem during the "Continue Searching for Rheims"

When I have Danielle in my party and land on the Kralendijk jetty I automatically walk up to Danielle and begin to talk with her as normal. However, her response is "I barely escaped from those fanatics! This business is turning out hotter than I thought."

Then when I go to the Tavern, Vincent's dialogue plays correctly but then when I turn to speak to Danielle again she says the same thing.
However, Rheims, who is sitting at the tavern table won't talk to me and only tells me to bug off and let him finish his meal.

Can anyone help or point towards where the trigger for Rheims to talk to me is? I can deal with Danielle saying the same thing over and over, but Rheims not talking to me breaks the main storyline quest.

Compile log attached.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• compile.log
    53.4 KB · Views: 77
Are you also doing the Strange goings on in the Archipeligo side-quest as well as the main quest?

The danielle dialog you quote is here in the danielle_dialog.h file

"Now I have to find that girl. If she's not around here somewhere, I'm in deep trouble.",
"...",
"I barely escaped those fanatics! This business is turning out to be hotter than I thought.", <----- line No 63
"...",
" He nearly killed me! I need to get out of here!",
"...",
"You don't understand! Listen, the idol's last known location was #sGreenford#, and I can't show my face in the English colonies. You have to get there and find the idol before ",
"Robert Christopher Silehard",
" warns everyone of your 'treason.'\n I gave it to a man named ",

This is called called by this in Danielle_dialog.c

Code:
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "letter_to_father_bernard"))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[63];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[64];
link.l1.go = "exit";

When you talk to Danielle on the jetty the dialog should be from danielle-dialog.h :-

", ", <-----line 23
"Vincent Bethune",
" went ahead to the tavern. He said we should meet him there.",
"Looks like this guy's up to something.",
"Where did ",
"Vincent Bethune",

"Oh, relax, ", <------ line 143
"! He just went to find out if ",
"Raoul Rheims",
" still lives here. That's all.",
"Right, let's head for the tavern.

Called by this in danielle_dialog.c:-

Code:
if (pchar.quest.main_line == "blaze_goto_douwesen_with_danielle_2")
{
dialog.text = pchar.name + DLG_TEXT[23] + characters[getcharacterindex(DLG_TEXT[24])].name + DLG_TEXT[25];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[26];
link.l1.go = "blaze_goto_douwesen_with_danielle";

"blaze_goto_douwesen_with_danielle":
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[143] + GetMyName(Pchar) + DLG_TEXT[144] + characters[GetCharacterIndex(DLG_TEXT[145])].lastname + DLG_TEXT[146];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[147];
link.l1.go = "exit"

To get Rheims to talk to you you need to get this code from raoul rheims_dialog.c to work :-

Code:
if (pchar.quest.main_line == "talk_with_rheims_in_douwesen_tavern" || CheckQuestAttribute("RheimsBook", "30"))
{
Dialog.snd = "voice\RARH\RARH003";
Dialog.Text = DLG_TEXT[5];
Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[6] + GetMyFullName(NPChar) + DLG_TEXT[7];
Link.l1.go = "talk_in_tavern";

You could try actioning the above code from the raoul rheims_dialog.c file in the console before you talk to rheims and see what happens.

I hope this helps.

:cheers

Back