• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion New Language

Spanish characters are easy as they're part of the standard Windows-1252 character set. Those special Polish letters are not, so they're going to need some trickery. If I copy the characters from post #10, I can't save the resulting file as ANSI - if I try, the letters are converted to other characters.
I think that happened with Spanish characters aswell, I had to convert the file and then add the characters, If I remember right

What I can't do on a UK keyboard is enter those characters - for some reason, if I press Alt-1 Alt-6 Alt-5, what I actually get is character number 209.
To type these Polish characters, you should select Polish keyboard layout from PotC Options->Interface Settings->Languages and then use proper combinations (for instance, <ALT>+<A> for ą, <ALT>+<SHIFT>+<A> for Ą, etc.) Similar goes to the rest of supported layouts: <ALT>+closest latin letter.

That reminds me that I have to do some bugfixing, since DeathDaisy has apparently changed it and now some Polish doesn't show up properly…

To type these Polish characters, you should select Polish keyboard layout from PotC Options->Interface Settings->Languages and then use proper combinations (for instance, <ALT>+<A> for ą, <ALT>+<SHIFT>+<A> for Ą, etc.) Similar goes to the rest of supported layouts: <ALT>+closest latin letter.
That's fine if you're trying to enter Polish characters within the game, but not for creating a file with Polish characters so I can see their ASCII values and fix "fonts_new.ini" to map those values to the texture file. ;)

That reminds me that I have to do some bugfixing, since DeathDaisy has apparently changed it and now some Polish doesn't show up properly…
That was to allow the Swedish characters "Å" and "å" to appear. If you change them back, anyone playing with Sweden enabled is going to see some odd Swedish character and ship names with Polish letters. xD

That was to allow the Swedish characters "Å" and "å" to appear. If you change them back, anyone playing with Sweden enabled is going to see some odd Swedish character and ship names with Polish letters. xD
I'll change it so there will be both Polish and Swedish letters available. I, to be honest, don't care for Sweden too much, though.

Commrades

Sorry for not answering to you but the polish language Will take long then i expected cause of my fu*****g Otitis

Sorry again but ill do my Best to make these files translated :modding:facepalm

I'll change it so there will be both Polish and Swedish letters available. I, to be honest, don't care for Sweden too much, though.
Neither do I, but some people want it, which is why it was added. ;) Also, @Jack Rackham's extension to his "Woodes Rogers" storyline involves a Swedish colony.

Commrades

Sorry for not answering to you but the polish language Will take long then i expected cause of my fu*****g Otitis

Sorry about the otitis! :(

Take whatever time you need for the translation - the others aren't finished either, so there's no pressure!

Commrades

Get well soon @Jacob, no need to rush things, your health should be the priority.

I'll change it so there will be both Polish and Swedish letters available.
Cheers! :cheers

I, to be honest, don't care for Sweden too much, though.
What's wrong with Sweden? They make good sailboats there! :sail

Commrades

No worries, mate. I wish you good health! :doff

What's wrong with Sweden? They make good sailboats there!
I'm sure that Swedes did have good ships in XVII century – they were buying Dutch ones. :D
What I have against Sweden is that Polish-Sweden conflicts of the period, especially Deluge (1655-1660). I would also be glad to destroy Swedish fleet of the earlier time (1621). After succeeding that, I'd destroy Dutch fleet (for selling warships to Sweden) – sorry, Pieter.

apparently i was thinking about Plasma Sword (As Easter Egg)
In case you haven't notice i got a diffrent avatar and that character can use this sword i though i would be like this

Item : Dragon Tooth
Damage : 50 / 150
Piercing : 100%
Blocking : 10%

Holy Crap This sword comes from 21st centuary ..... guess ya found a secret weapon

(You have to find out who is this man in my avatar)

Interesting, @Jacob!!! :onya

(You have to find out who is this man in my avatar)
Walton Simons

latest

By the way

Can someone tell me how can i add my own blade to game?
The model file (.gm) goes into "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo". The texture file (.tga.tx) goes into "RESOURCE\Textures\Ammo".

Next, you need to edit "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c" to add a definition for the weapon. The easy way is to look for a block of code with a lot of lines starting with 'n = InitBlade', which is where most blades are defined. Copy one, then modify the copy to suit your new blade. If you want your blade to be unique and not available to buy from stores and traders, nor to be used by random enemies, then look for function 'bool IsWeaponUnique(string id)' and add a line for your weapon.

Alternatively, you can have more control over the weapon's definition, including allowing it to have special properties such as modifying skills, by writing the whole definition in full. Look for "Sword of Cortés", alias "bladeSC". You'll only see this sword if you play the "Hard Labours of an Assassin" sidequest because the only such sword in the game belongs to Amerigo Vieira, whom you meet during the quest. As well as being explicitly set to be not sold and not found, it has a couple of lines to give you -1 Luck ("Sneak") and +1 Melee ("Fencing").

For the blade's name and description to appear properly, edit "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ItemsDescribe.txt". Entries here are all similar in format, e.g.
Code:
itmname_blade22   {Corsair's Pride}
itmdescr_blade22
{
Swords like this were awarded to corsairs in service of Her Majesty, for great service to Britain, usually upon their being knighted.
}
Copy one such block, including the blank line following the block, then change the "itmname" and "itmdescr" lines to match your blade's ID and change the text between the brackets to whatever you like.

Then there is the interface picture, or pictures if the sword has different quality versions ("worn", "average", "good" etc.). You can use TXConvertor to try to find one of the files in "RESOURCE\TEXTURES\INTERFACES" which contains weapon interface pictures and which still has a free position. Otherwise, upload the model and texture files plus your versions of "initItems.c" and "ItemsDescribe.txt", then I'll do the interface picture.

Hello,
I've finally corrected some problems with Polish support in PotC B14, so I'm uploading it here.
Other changes I made:
  • added Swedish keyboard layout;
  • added possibility to create Swedish localization;
  • corrected a bug from Language selection menu, which prevented selection of any language apart English or Russian.
Best regards,
pirate_kk

Attachments

• potc pl.7z
    591.3 KB · Views: 269
Back