• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NEW MOD - fasttravel straight to sea - please help test it!

Kieron

Landlubber
Storm Modder
this the latest in my line of mods to the potc interface :huh

it adds a new icon to the fasttravel menu whilst you're in town, which (as you may have guessed xD: ) takes you straight to sailing mode in the harbour. no longer do you have to fasttravel to port and then board your ship - you can go straight to sea in one step!

anyone who's interested - i'd be grateful if you could install the mod and let me know if you have any problems with it. thanks! :?

you can find the mod as a zip file on ftp.piratesahoy.net (login name "files@piratesahoy.net", password "piratesahoy"; if you're using internet explorer, choose 'login as' from the file menu to enter these). to install the mod, extract the contents to some temporary folder and run the POTC mod patcher utility on the '.potc' file. (if you've not got Viper's POTC mod patcher, you can get it here).

thanks again everyone :cheers

Ditto!
That'll save a good minute or two of loading...
However, we'll need a way to disable this during quests, as sometimes quests need you to go to port, before getting on your ship (Ewan, Boon, etc.)

I wouldn't want to use it, simply because I rather like to save on the pier before I hop aboard... So if it could be done as a separate button, or have a way to disable it so it reverts back to the regular "to Port" action, that would be great.

if you install the mod, you get a 'to port' button and also a 'straight to sea' button, so you can choose which you want to use. 8)

Hmm, while it does sound interesting. I'm with Cat, I like to save at the dock before I board me ship

<!--`QuoteBegin-Kieron`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kieron)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->if you install the mod, you get a 'to port' button and also a 'straight to sea' button, so you can choose which you want to use. :cheers[/quote]

Thanks for the aclaration. :(

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
could NOT login  :(  

me neither...i did EXACTLY what ye said, but still goes to a blank white screen that shows a few folders on the left side... :cheers[/quote]

I just got denied in every attempt

Back