• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Models!

Good to see you still around, @Martes! :cheers

AoS2 is a Storm Engine game too; right?
Do you know what's the best place to find the game files?
Suddenly I'm curious how difficult it might be to get this game on the Open Source track as well.

@Hammie, do you have any thoughts...?
(I'm thinking looooong-term here again!)

AoS2 is a Storm Engine game too; right?
Do you know what's the best place to find the game files?
Suddenly I'm curious how difficult it might be to get this game on the Open Source track as well.
And if that is possible perhaps Sea Dogs 1 also would be. ;)
Though it should be more work than the others due to Storm 1 being the most different. (I think)

The engine is different from SD1, as far as I can tell, it's even older, and this one
They both use identical model and texture formats (cff/tf).

The engine itself consists of dll files (with separate dll for each feature: ship, camera, ai, interface, input, etc., so I suppose the code is uniquely suited for this game and little of it made it to Sea Dogs) located in "modules" folder, they are compiled from C++, and thus very difficult to reverse.

Graphical output is handled through DirectDraw, not Direct3D. SD1 used D3D, if I remember correctly.

Never heard of source code floating anywhere, although I would like very much to put my hands on it.

Practically, though, developing my last summer's experiments with Unity may bring better results, but I have almost no time at the moment :(

Last edited:
Shifted the stripes and gunports on both skins (Albion/Princess Royal) slightly higher forward (turned out they were out of sync with the plans for some reason):

shot0002_6.png

Last edited:
Finally finished the rebuild of the Cambridge.
You know my love for Hohlenberg's designs :)

cambridge_v2_wire.png cambridge_v2_1.png cambridge_v2_2.png
image.png.66834a9928fde6e1b8db0f6be964b128.png
Model with and without wireframe

colossus_cambridge_albion.png
Colossus, Cambridge and Albion - almost a century of evolution

Greetings,

First post, specifically because I really like AoS. and AoS2 PB and the work done here, but what happened? Sorry to necro this thread, I would just love to see a AoS2PB remake, or a mod that redoes the ships, sea and land, In other words some eyecandy.

Anyway, awesome work while It lasted.

Cheers

Sorry to necro this thread

It's not completely dead, I just moved most of the showcase over to a ModelShipWorld forum:

Back