• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New Player Mods

Peter

Landlubber
Hi,

Just discovered this game, been looking for something like it since POTBs and AC: Black Flag. Just started first mission since game unlock (Hispaniola) but ship overencumbered so no go on world map. Thought I could use tactical mode to travel, appears thats a no go so went looking for help. If my basic research is correct this mod allows to travel using tactical mode? This would solve the overencumberance issue.

Active Map 1.3

To use this mod requires TEHO mod and as im running the 1.6.0 (ENG) version I duly downloaded TEHO 1.6.0 but its not really clear how to install it (There are no instructions in it.) Im an experienced modder in other games and I trawled the forum here in hopes of clarity to no avail. Do I literally manually just copy over each folder I find in TEHO overwriting whats already there or is there another way to do it?

Being new to this game means learning this game's own way of doing and im guessing as your all experienced players detailed instructions aren't really necessary for you guys anymore, but if I could get help in how to grasp it that would be great thanks.

Also if im wrong about Active Map 1.3 thats also fine but I would like to sail mostly in tactical anyway so advice would be great.

To use this mod requires TEHO mod and as im running the 1.6.0 (ENG) version I duly downloaded TEHO 1.6.0 but its not really clear how to install it (There are no instructions in it.) Im an experienced modder in other games and I trawled the forum here in hopes of clarity to no avail. Do I literally manually just copy over each folder I find in TEHO overwriting whats already there or is there another way to do it?

You just paste the files into your installation folder.

Merci. Well theres a lot of individual folders and some loose files too (C/H Files) so now it just remains to trawl through the directory finding where they all go. I suppose I got used to mod managers, it will take a bit of time to place all these..

You can select all the files and folders at once and then paste them clicking yes if asked to overwrite files or folders, the files are already placed in the right folders.
No need to copy paste them one by one.

There are no instructions in it.
there are instructions in the tehomod thread

Also if im wrong about Active Map 1.3 thats also fine but I would like to sail mostly in tactical anyway so advice would be great.
Mod: ActiveMap 1.3 is just an interface. If you want to sail in tactical mode then you probably want to use Hook's mod, but afaik there is no version for 1.6.0. I will probably try to update it if I will have some spare time

Mod: ActiveMap 1.3 is just an interface. If you want to sail in tactical mode then you probably want to use Hook's mod, but afaik there is no version for 1.6.0. I will probably try to update it if I will have some spare time

I was just about to write that because i forgot to write it before, so thanks @kb31.

If only copy and paste were an option (it would have been done already) but they are not all in the (cant say correct) folder tree relevant to my games folder tree. In fact my games folder tree is a little strange, for example i looked up cheats yesterday as an option to solving my problem listed here and whereas im supposed to edit the engine ini with replacement text I find the ini doesnt even have the original text to replace. My ini only has around 10 lines in it. The top level of my game contains only 3 folders so copy and paste a no go. I am using the Steam version with all the expansions. Anyway if i want to mod this i will have to add folders manually and i still havent found them all trawling through the games folder tree.

Its a lot of hassle. I am considering finding another game. Theres a few pirate games out there.

In the stock version of the game the PROGRAM folder is locked so you can't see it.
Usually for most mods you just paste the files for example the ActiveMap 1.3 mod is just installed by copy and pasting, also i made the Black Pearl mod, that you can see in my signature, so that the files are already in the correct folders, so again copy and pasting.
If you think there is something wrong, you could also post a screenshot of your game directory so that we can see if there is something wrong with the game.

I appreciate that thanks, game seems to be working fine, maybe they just changed the structure or something or maybe its just the steam version or the version with all the DLC's or an update? The folder structure underneath this is even more odd. I will include a screenshot here. Anyway its a new game for me so I can only assume it is as its meant to be.
Screenshot_1.jpg

This seems ok to me, although i don't know what these Corsairs3_0... files are.
Other than that all good. :onya

You are welcome, @Tomek! :cheers

Well i don't think so, since it was updated to work with version 1.6.0

If you want you can update your game to version 1.6.0, in order to use the mod.

Back