• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New player, old questions

Nefarious

Landlubber
Greetings, all. I'm new, so be gentle. I purchased this game as an emotional fix until Pirates! is released. Answers to two questions would make my weekend complete.

1. Is there any way to select your own difficulty level, or does one have to go with the scenario's level? It seems my crew becomes surly quite quickly on level3. There's rarely time to build the coffers before mutiny looms over the horizon. Aaaghhh...crew morale and dificulty level.
2. Along the vein in Q#1, how does one keep morale up? So far(3 days of gameplay), the only answer I can find is fight, fight, fight.

Thanks for any help.
BTW, nice forum. I think I'll like it here.

Hi Nefarious, I'm sorry to say that Tortuga hasn't been very popular with the people on this site. A lot of us played Port Royale and quite enjoyed it and found Tortuga to be a watered down version and hence lost interest quite rapidly. That would explain why there's no one with any answers for your questions.

I can't answer your first question because I never got past the first mission. I played the game for a while but deliberately avoided completing the mission and focused on becoming very powerful and highly ranked. I even killed Blackbeard in the first scenario.

To answer your second question, yeah, winning battles is the only way to increase the morale of your crew. The alternative is to split your booty among all your crew, losing all your ships etc, and starting with a new crew.

To what sampoe said, Yeah!

But in regarsd to the <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the only answer I can find is fight, fight, fight.  <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Thats it, thats Tortuga for the whole game. Now since you have ill leave the rest of my thought as that im sure your going to want to make the most of it till Pirates! comes out. If you still have a bit of money left however id suggest Port Royale though its probably cheap now and its a fun game

hi a have just started too play toturga pitate hunter but i have a ? how doo i capture a city????? hope you can help mee Thomas

You can only capture cities that you have been requested to annex, otherwise you just loot them. To capture or loot them, as far as I can remember, you just need to destroy all the turrets. Once they are all gone you've automatically won.

Back