• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Player - Thank you so much for this!

bastus

Landlubber
I want to thank the Ahoy! community and developpers for giving me back a bit of my childhood.
I'm 49 years old and still live with the memory of Sid Meier's Pirate on Commodore C-64, 37 years ago.
I could writte many pages about these 3 last days playing and enjoying the depth of your creation like a teen.
I know that NH will stay with me for decades and it is why i ask 3 questions.
Before, i prefer to telle you that i have searched the answer in your forum.
But it is very dense and i couldn't explore so much yet.
I created an account on discord to join you. But i'm not use to social-networks and i'm a little lost about how to find topics. But it will go easier with time.

1) Is there a possibility to make a little donation to people who did this?
2) I would like to help for bugs recognition but i don't have any particuliar skill. I need to learn. I see that players attache code & picture of bugs in their post. Is there any topic which says how to find and send the valuable datas for developpers?
3) I have an eye on Maelstrom version. From what i understand, it seems that more can be done on this engine in the long way. But i'm not sure because i red that "everything on maelstrom will come on the new Storm engine". But the new features of Maelstrom, sounds me really good. Should i jump on board with Maelstrom or wait for an update of Beyond New Horizon?

Thanks a lot and excuse me if i posted in the wrong topic.

Bastus

Re: #3. I bought CoAS on release the mod to GOF they ran pretty good . So I recently, I got the Maelstrom engine and the Historical ERAS2 mod. Really like this mod’s historic emphasis. I got Noticeable Improvements in graphics, sounds, music stability etc. (I’m using Win7/64 bit build). So far Ive been very happy with Maelstrom and ERAS2 .

I’m casual player when I have time, but I’ve played NH (B14) for years - and love it. Plan to try Maelstrom with NH very soon too. “Beyond New Horizon” is WIP , and given the pool of incredible talent in the PA community, it really appears to me the future for this game. My only regret is I don’t have the time to get more involved in its development.

Thank you very much to have taken the time to answer me. I had so much fun with NH that i bought Maelstrom yesterday and was able to support developpers by this way. NH is for me like an incredible enhanced "Madelaine de Proust". And now you're telling me about ERAS2 and it's historical accuracy!
I'll try, definitly!
Flying over the forum, i understand that i don't have the skills to help developpers. Even french translation (i'm a french speaker) seems to be out of my actuals capacities: people trying to do it are working with ChatGPT which i don't use. I thougt that we would do it by the old way: translating with an ancient french dictionnary and litteracy abilities.
To tell the truth, i'm so bad in technology that i'm not able to launch Maelstrom NH...
So i'm going immediatly on their topic to seek help.

Thanks for making me more excited about Maelstrom and the "Pirates Ahoy "community.

Best regards.

Bastus

Flying over the forum, i understand that i don't have the skills to help developpers. Even french translation (i'm a french speaker) seems to be out of my actuals capacities: people trying to do it are working with ChatGPT which i don't use. I thougt that we would do it by the old way: translating with an ancient french dictionnary and litteracy abilities.
Don't overrate AI such as ChatGPT. It can provide a starting point but it can not provide a finished product. The old way, with a dictionary and your own literacy skill, is still the most reliable way to translate game text.

A French translation is already under way:
Mod Release - French translation

You could look over some of the work already done and either pick something which has not already been translated, or check some of the translations.

Don't overrate AI such as ChatGPT. It can provide a starting point but it can not provide a finished product. The old way, with a dictionary and your own literacy skill, is still the most reliable way to translate game text.

A French translation is already under way:
Mod Release - French translation

You could look over some of the work already done and either pick something which has not already been translated, or check some of the translations.
Thanks for your informations and encouraging me. I'll go on the topic and would be happy to help.

I had so much fun with NH that i bought Maelstrom yesterday and was able to support developpers by this way.
It seems to me that here you only supported the creator of the engine. There are no links to support for the NH developers themselves.

It seems to me that here you only supported the creator of the engine. There are no links to support for the NH developers themselves.
Oups,
i'm not yet totally conscious about ties between the pirate ahoy community/engine developpers.
So the only things i can do are playing, saying how much it is good and may-be try to bring my humble help in a french translation.
Thanks for precisions.

Back