• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help new rapier-model

Emil

Powder Monkey
I have brought my rapier (yes, I have one) to a shop, where it is to be 3d-scanned.
This will be done by next week, as they have a Long waiting list.

Meanwhile I am looking for one, who would create a good texture for it, as I do know nothing about it, and then to convert it into *.gm, for adding it to COAS.

greetings

I don't think a 3D scan of a sword can be readily implemented in a game, because they are different types of models.
Even if the format is the same, the 3D scan would not care about the number of points and would be terrible for a game from an optimization point of view.
There are ways to reduce the number of "polygons", but that often changes the original shape which obviously is not your intention.

It might actually be simpler to model the sword from scratch, using the real one as reference.
Either way, a lot of work in actual 3D modeling would be required as it wouldn't be a simple case of "taking the scan, pressing [convert] and using it in the game".

@superdurnius is our main expert when it comes to 3D models of weapons in the game.
Hopefully he can provide some more comments.

I told them that I Need it in *.obj Format, so it can be used with Maya and they said no Problem.
Anyway, we will see the outcome of this. when I have it I will attach it here.

greeting and thanks

Okay, so this is a preview.....

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 97
Yup! I hope to make the experts to scale it down to the right size; a game-size-model of Beatrice is around some milimeters, for now they are smoothing it and removing dents and whatnots. I give them an example-bladexx from the game so they can compare it and see, what will have to be done about the polycount, or have them do a second scan on lowest resolution.
The actual file is around 65MB that is way too much.
When I have it back I will attach some pics of the real one.

greetings

Okay, I got it. They made two Versions of it, 272KB and 554KB including the blade.
Aside from some minor scratches this Looks coooooool!

So, where can I upload this????

greetings

ZIP and attach to forum post?

I've got no clue who is going to be doing anything with it though. No modeler has responded here.

I haven't a clue what to do with those files. I am no modeler, so there is nothing I can do.

I am no modeler too (for now, that is).
You Need something like misfitmodels 3d (mm3d), that can open the *.obj files.
mm3d is free, so I would upload it here, but the file is too large at 4,20MB.
Anyway. maybe NOW one of the real modelers is interested......

greetings

you can find mm3d 1.2.4 here: http://www.misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/

Last edited:
Back