• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Ships: Where how when

Reubz

Landlubber
Great gods of Mods and Ship builders I salute you!.

So, Who has made new ships?
Where do we go to find them?
How do you install them?

I try to create but I just end up breakiing things! 8)

I as well am looking for new ships to download. The new Build is an awsome mod and I give plenty of applause to the modders and to show no disrespect at all by asking this question. I am awaiting new ships for the POTC game. to be spesific im looking forward to the intercepror, the dauntless as previously mentioned in one of the forums and as well as the Indefaticable and constitution. If anyone knows if there is any new ships out already please let me know where to download. but If there is not then does anyone know if there ever will be. I am a bit frustrated at the sudden stop with the Interceptor. It was strongly braged about and a lot of beautiful pics of her was posted on a forum but it never happend. Please let me know

Thanks

Dr only new model currently available is Skelly Bob's Gunboat,oyher new models are not available such as Clutces Frigate Crescent.Tyrant 111,Skelly Bob's Intercepter delayed due to he has a busy life right now.so Iv'e heard,Nobody knows the relase dates of some of these ships,I have a feeling you won't see them till the expansion pack is released,all though I could be wrong,just me opinion Grumble Punk an Catalina are qorking on a new ship,ya might see that one released when their done 8)

just to clear it up, duke surak'nar announced a while ago that he had come up with a way of creating actual new ships (i.e. with actual new models), but the only new ship available in the build is his 'gunboat,' which is a tartane with a gun on it. 8) if any members of the POTC mod team are creating new ships, they're either not ready yet, or are being saved for the full expansion...

but there are a good few retextured ships - that is, new ships created using existing models from the game that have been given new skins - in the build.

um,Kieron,de gunboat be Skelly Bobs creation,it be hav'n a cannon on de bow an swivel cannons on de sides as well 8)

oh ok sorry 8)

i was just going off my memory of surak'nar's post from ages ago, when he had screenshots of a li'l boat with a single cannon at the front.

... Okay, so ye be sayin' dat both dem gunboats be in Build 11 or no? :(

If'n so, any place in partic'lar they kin be found, matey? :cheers

I expect that they didn't add any new ships as it takes months of work to model them and theye might not be any new ones that are ready to put into the game yet.

Aye, but Skell'y Bobs gunboat has been available fer download fer sometime,wonder why it wasn't included in de build,an I've never seen Duke's version available fer download anywhere.or am I miss'n something xD:

If there's a way to use Maya models, convert them into GMs and run them ingame (creating all the proper named selections obviously) I could be making new (Historically accurate) ships very quickly. I've been modding for a long time.

If anybody knows how the guys in the mod are doing this (or how I can get in touch with the ones who are) I'd be really interested in contributing to the community. . . I already have a number of ship models ready to go. . . :cheers

:cheers Ah, so you're a modeler and modder, `Sigma-6`? That's great! :?

There are a lot of people working on historically accurate ships for PotC...

Adding ships to the game has changed a bit from the last build - and I think there's a tutorial coming on what to do (so as to conform to the HUGE expansion package being worked on right now) (30 new islands!) - for now, you should probably contact Duke Surak'nar, he's one of the main shipbuilding people at the PMT (PotC Modding Team). He should be able to help you with your ships.

He posts here as "Suraknar", and you can PM him here, or he is a member of The Legion of Independent Buccaneers at http://www.thelib.com.

Here is a good tutorial on retexturing which should help you with creating skins for your ships for inclusion into PotC:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic15.php

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing some of your ships soon!!! :p:

`Sigma-6`,ye have some model ships ready tew go,if ye don't mind me ask'n mate,what ships 'ave ye made :? :cheers

Well, my current one is based on HMS Shannon, a `38-gun` `flush-decked` Frigate, but I'm thinking I want to lower the polycount on her. . .

I'm also quite inclined to work on some accurate lineships of the various rates. . . particularly a good 64 and 74, and of course, a nice Topsail Schooner will be at the top of the list. . .

Thanks Catalina, for the info! :?:

I've been texturing for POTC for a while though, but the info about where to find shipbuilders makes me very happy. :cheers

a ship i would love to see someone make, maybe i might make it but i dunno is the REAL black pearl. what i mean is, the one in potc looks very gay and i would love to sail the REAL black pearl, not the stupid one from potc, i mean COME ON! that was stupid how they put a really ugly pearl on the back, when there were windows, not a ugly looking pearl!!!

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic1384.php <-- for more interests and information, go to my post here.

Back