• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New to the Forum

Nikolab86

Powder Monkey
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and since I don't know where to post, I'll do it here and forgive me if I'm wrong. I'm Nikola from Spain from Barcelona. I'm a great lover of this game and in general of all pirates. I had this original game purchased. in 2003 and a week ago I wanted to install it on my new 2019 Mac Book Pro with windows 10 installed through bootcamp and the game did not work for me. First it was slow then the music was choppy and finally it took all last week to break my head to make it work but two days ago I installed your mod with the last patches of 2020 March and the all the problems have been corrected and the game has I have taken a new life, I love everything. You have done a great job. The only suggestion I will make is that you can put on the map where the ports of each island are. Greetings to all of Nikola!

Ahoy there matey and welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear you managed to solve the game issues you were having.
And on a MacBook, no less!
I'm impressed. :cheers

The only suggestion I will make is that you can put on the map where the ports of each island are.
You mean the 3D map?
The ports show up there once you visit them.
I believe that was a feature from the original game.

There's also the [M]-key map interface.
I believe that shows only islands; mainly because otherwise it would get cluttered.
You can right-click the islands for some extra details though; including the town names.
Alternatively, you can use the TradeBook/Colonies interface for that.

There are also buyable island maps.
Those have town names on them.
And buying them also unlocks Sail-To around that island.

Hello, thank you for that warm welcome. I was referring to the general 3d map and press tab. Only the name of the island comes out but not the location of the port, for example Jamaica and its port. I think that port royale has had to go to luck in various parts of the island. to discover where is the port or the hispaniola island

Ahoy there matey and welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear you managed to solve the game issues you were having.
And on a MacBook, no less!
I'm impressed. :cheers

You mean the 3D map?
The ports show up there once you visit them.
I believe that was a feature from the original game.

There's also the [M]-key map interface.
I believe that shows only islands; mainly because otherwise it would get cluttered.
You can right-click the islands for some extra details though; including the town names.
Alternatively, you can use the TradeBook/Colonies interface for that.

There are also buyable island maps.
Those have town names on them.
And buying them also unlocks Sail-To around that island.

Welcome aboard @Nikolab86! :cheers

As @Pieter Boelen said, you should look for island maps.

These maps show the island's shores and ports.
The ports are written with white letters.

Examples:
upload_2020-7-2_17-30-44.png upload_2020-7-2_17-35-2.png

I take this opportunity to ask about the sea hawk campaign with Danielle
What's the question...? :unsure

ask here can I also buy the black pearl in one of the islands and how do I get there?
You can buy the Pearl and other similarly uncommon ships at an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is.
As a clue, find a well-known side character from the PotC films in the place you would expect a proper pirate to hang out.

thanks so i will

What's the question...? :unsure

You can buy the Pearl and other similarly uncommon ships at an island that cannot be found, except by those who already know where it is.
As a clue, find a well-known side character from the PotC films in the place you would expect a proper pirate to hang out.

If you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk", be patient. You will have a chance to get the Black Pearl without having to buy it...

Back