• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New to the game and forum!

JakeIsFreezing

Landlubber
Ahoy there! :keith

I've discovered this forum while i was finding help with Age Of Pirates 2: COAS, Glad i found it because it seems this forum has people that can help me!

Now i have a few questions ( I know these questions are common sense for you who play and complete this game, though i've just got my copy today ) I'd like to know how do you travel to other countries? Also is it Peter Blood the only character that has a lined up story line? It seems the other two Characters are free roaming and just doing quest until the end. :sail

This is all i have for now, thanks for taking your time in reading my questions! Cheers :drunk

Ahoy there! :keith

I've discovered this forum while i was finding help with Age Of Pirates 2: COAS, Glad i found it because it seems this forum has people that can help me!

Now i have a few questions ( I know these questions are common sense for you who play and complete this game, though i've just got my copy today ) I'd like to know how do you travel to other countries? Also is it Peter Blood the only character that has a lined up story line? It seems the other two Characters are free roaming and just doing quest until the end. :sail

This is all i have for now, thanks for taking your time in reading my questions! Cheers :drunk

Ahoy Vampirate,

welcome to the forum.

>> I'd like to know how do you travel to other countries?
do you mean sailing to other islands? That's easy. When you are in 'sea' mode (the 3d tactical screen) hit the return key to open the ship menu. From the menu bar select the compass icon. That will put you on the world map. There you can sail your ship using the WASD keys. Whenever you are on the world map you can always hit the space key to enter 'sea' mode again. I recommend you read the manual. It explains most basic things...

>> Also is it Peter Blood the only character that has a lined up story line?
Yes. Blood has a nice quest before he can start free-roaming. But be warned. That quest is difficult, you can fail it and there are some frustrating parts where you have no clue how to proceed. There is a nice Peter Blood walkthrough in this forum, if you need it.

Anyway: all quests are well covered in this forum.

Happy sailing :)

Thank you so much Steelrat!

This has helped me a lot! I've finally started to complete some of my quest! I have one question though, Why don't my cannons reload while i'm in sea battle? I'm able to fire them once but not anymore. I have Powder and Cannons and plenty of crew members. Could it be the cheat code i added in to make the starting ship a Pinnace?

Welcome to PA Vampirate. :onya

Your guns don't reload because of a few reasons.
1. Your low on gun powder
2. Your low on shot type your trying to load
3. The calibure of cannon is high and your crew is very poorly skilled and your own skills are very low aswell.
4. You have used the cheats to get a good ship and now have negative numbers by all your characters skills stats.

Way's to fix this
1. Don't use the cheats. If you do then go back to the cheats menue and press F5 a few times and distribute the skills around placing enough on navigations as thats the most important.
2. Higher the best officer's you can find and place the best of each officer type in the roles of Cannoneers, Navigator, Tresurer, Doctor etc and hire your crew from French ports as they have better trained crew for firing cannons which reduced reload times.
3. But smaller calibire of guns and mount them, culverines take longer to reload than cannons but can reach further, cannons can take more damage than culverines and do more damage too. I recomend cannons as your starting guns and use 12Ibs cannons till you have a good officer and crew or yopur own skills are at least 30 in both aiming and gunnery.

Back