• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New video walkthrough for PoTC Build Mod

Little issue guys.
After the whole smuggler rescue scene, I appear in the the middle of the ocean in an infinite expanse.
Anyway of fixing this?

Can you access the world map - if you use that when you board the smugglers ship - it should locate you of the coast of Hispaniola - then go back into sailing mode to sail to Tortuga.

:cheers

Thats the thing, cant, playing hardcore.

Anyway to switch back to "normal" during a game?

Thats the thing, cant, playing hardcore.

Anyway to switch back to "normal" during a game?

Have you tried switching in the options menu - then loading a save and see if that enables the world map.

Or Switch in the options menu - close game - start game again & load a save - and see what happens.

I don't really know the answer since I don't play in hardcaore - so the above might not work.

If you have an old save done before you set sail from somewhere else - try it on that first.

:shrug

[EDIT: Off-topic technical support posts moved to new thread - Armada]

thanks for hijacking the thread xD

PS: As usual talisman, you the man, the videos will continue!

thanks for hijacking the thread xD
xD: :doff

Zolo -- did you manage to fix your problem -- the island you are marooned on is not a real island in the game - it is faked - so when you go back to sea tha game does not know where you are -- this part of the Story was not really meant to be played in the hardcore sailing simultaion mode - that might need to be fixed somehow.

:keith

Open PROGAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;
Add below::
Code:
IRON_MAN_MODE = 0;
Load your game and press F12. If this works as I hope, this will disable Iron Man Mode and allow you to go to the worldmap and continue.
If that doesn't work, post here again and we'll figure out a different way of getting you back on track.

Indeed when we introduced Iron Man Mode, we never considered story events like these. Not entirely sure how to make them work with Iron Man Mode, really.
However, if we above does work, I suppose we could automatically have it disabled just prior to this scene and re-enable it afterwards.

Back