• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Newbie with issues of GOF 1.2 or are they ?

Beat2Quaters

Landlubber
I seem to have run into a problem someone else mentioned on the forums about enemy ships being indestructible , i was playing as lucky jack with the HMS Sophie i upgraded to 16lbs cannons from the starting 4lbs and did some questing but every ship i encounter i cant do any damage to it what so ever all health bars stay full no matter what ammunition is used too... the only way i can defeat enemies is by boarding. I know there are much heavier guns in the game but i would think 16lb ers would do some substantial damage to small schooners and gun boats, also after 4 hours of game-play and completed quite a few quests i still have no officers and dont know how to get them ... help would be great on that topic , other than that LOVING the game , was a big POTBS player but this is a game changer top mod guys !

Thanks for the compliments Mate and welcome aboard.​
Usually levelling up and increasing your skills will cause noticeable improvements in damage. Also there are three options for damage in the Mod Options menu: Realistic, Inbetween, and COAS Vanilla. It comes set with Realistic which is actually of benefit to a newb because the enemy also takes a lot longer to damage you. With vanilla you can potentially be sunk with a single broadside by many ships.​
I prefer "in between" starting out and then change it to "realistic" when I get about level 20 or so. MK​

Back