• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Nigel Blythe Quest

Funtertainment

Landlubber
So I've been running through the quest without issues, I have not completed the quest before but I've hit a snag, after googling I read the the quest is infamously cursed but couldn't find any posts similar to my problem. I'm up to

Sail to Pirate Settlement, Nevis. – Go to tavern – on entering Friedrich Maxwell talks to you – Quest book update

without issues but the next part isn't working

Go to store- talk to storekeeper about Clauss – Quest Book update

When I go to the store and talk to the clerk she doesn't have any dialogue related to the quest at all and unless I'm missing something obvious or not it seems to be completely soft locked. Normally I wouldn't mind and just give up on the quest but Nigel took my ship and I'd like it back :(

I've tried reloading saves, berthing my 3rd ship and sailing there on my own but I don't know anything about the technical side of troubleshooting in this game like the console or where to start, any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Which version of the game are you playing? There was a problem there because Kate Blowhorn's dialog file didn't have any of the code needed for the quest, but that was fixed some time ago. (Or is she refusing to talk to you based on relations and reputation?)

You won't get the stolen ship back but you should eventually be able to get your revenge on Nigel...

Build 14, 2018, I'm guessing that would be the problem because the relations are fine, I assume updating and playing the same save would be problematic/buggy at best so is there a way to force the quest to advance safely? otherwise I'll abandon it for now.

I'll happily upgrade once I'm bored of this playthrough though, thanks for informing me.

Put these in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS". One is the fixed version of the dialog file containing the quest code. The other is the dialog file for a character whom you'll meet - if you've already met Maxwell, load a savegame from before you met him because otherwise something silly is liable to happen when you go to Kralendijk shipyard.

You may still run into trouble - there were a lot of bugs in the "Nigel Blythe" quest which were fixed in the update. But at least these dialog files should get you further along.

Attachments

• Kate Blowhorn_dialog.c
    10.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Maxwell_dialog.c
    1.8 KB · Views: 137
Back