• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nitro Games Gets Major Investment!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/s128/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]Just in case some of you haven't seen it yet, thanks to Isher and his post HERE, we know that Disney has canceled POTC Armada of The Damned. The game it self didn't look all that impressive to me from what I had seen, but a mediocre pirate game is better than no pirate game!

Anyway, I just ran across this bit of good news from a couple of weeks ago, it seems Nitro Games has got a pretty good infusion of cash recently, this is good news because Nitro is currently working on a new pirate game called Ravens Cry! Hopefully that means that Ravens Cry will indeed get finished! I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about this one yet, but from what I can gather, it will probably be similar to East India Company and Commander : Conquest of the Americas. This news is a couple of weeks old, but better late than never!

Mediatonic Invests Into Nitro Games

Mediatonic, a new Finnish based fund, has invested into Nitro Games. Nitro Games is a Finnish gaming house that has created games such as Raven's Cry and East India Company. The games fall into the strategy genre and made for the PC. The investment size was not disclosed. Mediatonic won't become a share holder of the company as it invests into the revenue share of future income thus making it an attractive investor for entrepreneurs.

You can read the full story HERE!

This might encourage them to try for a all-round good game next time. Their past offerings have been good, but are missing that little something that makes them a keeper. Would be helpful if they came up with a better game licensing tool too - I had a blast trying to get EIC registered. xD:

Their serial game releases are becoming anooying, why not publish 1 major and good game instead of 4-5 mediocre ones that have the same gameplay! Money whores.

I agree, and I detest DLC's. I have no idea why consumers don't see the DLC as the devilspawn.

I'm just not sure why Nitro want to keep going in this direction to be honest. I don't know abotu the sales of EIC and CC but I do know their forums are not really a buzz of activity.

They really need to cater to us pirates imho, the consumer pool is bigger imho.

I agree Keith - long live expansion packs! I miss actually being able to buy a hard copy of an addon. That always ensured I'd buy a game as soon as release, and buy the expansion packs at full price. Most companies are lucky to see my money now if they release a GOTY or some other "DLCs included" edition.

Nitro should have avoided accusing most of the customers asking for help with invalid or missing CD keys on their official forum of being pirates - great way to scare off potential sales. :yes

Back