• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No-CD patch

JcTheCarpenter

Landlubber
Hi,

I tried recently to play the original PotC game, however the engine.exe wouldn't run at all. Installing Build 13 didn't work but the latest Build 14 did work. However, I really just want to play the original, buggy mess that it is! I just want to ask does anyone know how to make it run with no CD as I believe that's why it wouldn't run originally (and what Build 14 fixed)? Or does anyone have any other advice? I'm using Windows 10, fairly modern hardware.
Apologies if this is the wrong forum!

Welcome aboard! :cheers

I think that if you just copy "ENGINE.exe" from Build 14 and paste it to stock PotC it will work.
Though for some reason PotC's DRM doesn't seem to work for me in Windows 10 anyway.
Still wouldn't hurt to try, just make sure to back up the original file.

However, I really just want to play the original, buggy mess that it is!
Do you have the American or European release?
While still imperfect, I think the European version was released a little bit later and has some extra fixes.
That makes it a fair bit less buggy and therefore I myself never really ran into any big issues with it.

The European MODULES folder helps a lot too.
I can't remember exactly with what... but there was something and therefore we included it in our main mod.

Back