• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No config file?

boardslide315

Powder Monkey
I just updated to the latest Build mod, and for some reason my config file is missing now...I'm stuck with low resolution and poor graphics...I'd rather not do a full reinstall. Anyone know if I can just download the standalone config file? Or maybe there is a workaround to at least increase basic graphics settings?

do you mean the config.exe? I think I had the same issue, but had a backup ;)

Attachments

• Config.zip
    79.1 KB · Views: 71
We removed Config.exe on purpose, because it causes more troubles than it solves.
Open engine.ini with Notepad and make the changes directly in there; that works much better.
Especially since it allows you to use more resolutions than Config.exe did, such as the 1600x900 I've been using. :onya

Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.

We removed Config.exe on purpose, because it causes more troubles than it solves.
Open engine.ini with Notepad and make the changes directly in there; that works much better.
Especially since it allows you to use more resolutions than Config.exe did, such as the 1600x900 I've been using. :onya

Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.
Worked like a charm, thank you!!

Back