• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No Food Available

adcliff

Landlubber
I am playing with Combined Mod 3 and it looks great, however after playing for a couple of weeks there is now no food available in any of the stores. I have had to disband my Squadron because I couldn't feed all the crew.
Is there a file I can edit to fix this without starting the game again?

Thanks in advance.

Damn, I had really hoped we had sorted this one. I guess we are going to have to figure out how to get each town to produce more food. In the meantime below is what you need to edit

Program\scripts\food.c

Code:
#define FOOD_BY_CREW       15.0
#define FOOD_BY_SLAVES     30.0
#define FOOD_BY_PASSENGERS 20.0

A higher number means the crew consumes less food. Would you mind telling us how big your squadron was so we can do a bit more adjusting?
(tho at the same time to keep things real, food shortages were a big problem aboard ships)

Damn, I had really hoped we had sorted this one. I guess we are going to have to figure out how to get each town to produce more food. In the meantime below is what you need to edit

Program\scripts\food.c

Code:
#define FOOD_BY_CREW       15.0
#define FOOD_BY_SLAVES     30.0
#define FOOD_BY_PASSENGERS 20.0

A higher number means the crew consumes less food. Would you mind telling us how big your squadron was so we can do a bit more adjusting?
(tho at the same time to keep things real, food shortages were a big problem aboard ships)

FireBat, fantastic thanks for the information. My squadron comprised 3 ships, around 2000 men.
You are right to suggest the game must be kept as realistic as possible. It would have been difficult at times to provision for 2000 men from a small store on a remote island. However, the game doesn't take into account the ability of the ships to re-supply from an island using natural resources (hunting, fishing, fresh fruit and vegetables etc...) It would be nice, if once moored at a beach for example, if you could re-supply (however slowly) and stop the crew using the ships supply of food.
Thanks again for the comments.

Hi,
How come food,(if you can find any),is contraband in some places? That can't be right surely.
Planks are hardly contraband either :shrug

Hi FireBat,
That was fixed in CMv3
Good news...apart from I'm playing CM 3.1.5 latest release :)

That was installed on top of CoAS 1.3.0 ....Have I missed something out?

damski.

okay, that is odd...could u tell me what colonies have contraband food...

I do not have that problem, but I also did a fresh install...

Also, have you started a new game?

I would like to do the same thing but with the rum.

it will be difficult for me to explain it in English, but i think right now that the crew use to much rum. in fact for example if with 100 food to feed your crew for 60 days, you will need the same amount of rum for 60 days too.
i think it will be better if it will be the half of the provision : i mean if you need 100 food for 60 days, you will need 50 rum for 60 days too.

the rum is heavy to transport and i think it's not really realistic right now.

how can I change this ? (i used the combined mod)

I would like to do the same thing but with the rum.

it will be difficult for me to explain it in English, but i think right now that the crew use to much rum. in fact for example if with 100 food to feed your crew for 60 days, you will need the same amount of rum for 60 days too.
i think it will be better if it will be the half of the provision : i mean if you need 100 food for 60 days, you will need 50 rum for 60 days too.

the rum is heavy to transport and i think it's not really realistic right now.

how can I change this ? (i used the combined mod)

Using the above suggestions by Firebat and the following post... http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/14146-no-food-in-stores-game-end/ the problems seem to have been corrected. As a note I didn't have to start a new game.
Thanks to one and all.

Back