• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No Govenor in Tortuga?Not allowed in store in St Kitt? How do you access the map?

Heretik

Privateer
Storm Modder
Hey guys

I am currently employed by the French (I have a letter of Marque), and seeing as though I was in the area, I figured I would pop by Tortuga to visit the govenor and pick up some work on the upper western side of the map. However, I cannot go into the govenor's residence.

I had a similar problem in St Kitt - I wasn't even allowed in the store to complete a mission! (however, the english hate me, nad I had to sneak in- I figure this is why)

And then finally, how do you access the map. In the instruction manual, it says that if you push the "u" key, you can see a map of the caribbean. I have drawn my own map for myself from exploration with:

Tortuga
Hispaniola
Isla Mona
Puerto Rico
St Martin
Mevis
St Eustatius
St Kitts
Antigua
Montserrat
Guadeloupe
Marie Galante
Dominica
Martinique
Barbados
Grenada
Curacao

First off -is there an in game map? Second of all, is there any islands that I have missed? - I think there must be another island somewhere down by Curacao... it's so isolated in the south-west. In real life you have a few islands down there, but I'm not sure if they were included in the game.

Thanks!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am currently employed by the French (I have a letter of Marque), and seeing as though I was in the area, I figured I would pop by Tortuga to visit the govenor and pick up some work on the upper western side of the map. However, I cannot go into the govenor's residence.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not all islands have governor , each nation has only 1 governor were u can visit and take missions from him ..

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had a similar problem in St Kitt - I wasn't even allowed in the store to complete a mission! (however, the english hate me, nad I had to sneak in- I figure this is why)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When u have bad/low standing with a nation then u can't enter their store/shipyard , the only place u can visit is the tavern and chruch ( if it is open )

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And then finally, how do you access the map.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hit M

You also can't access the store (or any other building except the tavern) at night, or during storms. You have to go to the tavern and either rent a room or take the "sleep in the bilges" option until morning, when (assuming the storm has cleared) the store etc. will once again be open.

Back