• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No maps for sale

No, the point was that if he had no maps in stock at all originally then the Cuba map would be the only one in stock. The one time when he refused to sell me the Cuba map and I arranged for fighting to be enabled in the shop so I could mug him, this was the case. Any time when he's been willing to sell the Cuba map, there were at least a couple of others as well. So I've yet to see a case where the Cuba map is the only one on sale because he had none until the storyline code gave that one to him.

There's no problem with the storekeeper having other maps. It is only necessary that, whether or not he has anything else, the Cuba map is for sale because that's needed for plot. By default Playa de Sierra Maestra is locked off, but it's a useful place for the interception of the payroll ship in my story. So you get the map, from which you learn the existence of Playa de Sierra Maestra, which is then unlocked for you. If the store has other maps for sale as well, the player is welcome to buy them. As for multiple maps, why wouldn't the store have them? In "reality" you're not his only customer!

My guess is that @Bartolomeu o Portugues locked off Playa de Sierra Maestra so you don't see his warehouses except when playing "Bartolomeu". I've kept them hidden. The gate from Santiago town still leads to the normal non-warehouse exit, then my storyline code sets up a reload from there to the jungle which leads to the shore, and another from the jungle back to the normal town exit, as well as unlocking the mooring point. So once you have the map, you can walk freely between Playa de Sierra Maestra and Santiago town, and never suspect that doing the same in another storyline will take you past a couple of warehouses.

No, the point was that if he had no maps in stock at all originally then the Cuba map would be the only one in stock. The one time when he refused to sell me the Cuba map and I arranged for fighting to be enabled in the shop so I could mug him, this was the case. Any time when he's been willing to sell the Cuba map, there were at least a couple of others as well. So I've yet to see a case where the Cuba map is the only one on sale because he had none until the storyline code gave that one to him.
That matches up with what I observed in testing too. It was "all or nothing" with the maps appearing.
This was because the code was deliberately NOT showing you the maps, even when they WERE there.
But that is no longer the case.

There's no problem with the storekeeper having other maps. It is only necessary that, whether or not he has anything else, the Cuba map is for sale because that's needed for plot.
Him randomly getting no maps theoretically could happen, but seems quite unlikely.
Even if that does occur, the code responsible for "NOT selling items he does have" no longer applies for maps.
So it should be OK one way or another.

There's no problem with the storekeeper having other maps. [...] If the store has other maps for sale as well, the player is welcome to buy them. As for multiple maps, why wouldn't the store have them? In "reality" you're not his only customer!
Excellent! I think this issue can be considered "Fixed" then.
Which is good, because "maps disappearing from the game" has been a long-standing issue in the game that affected not only your specific storyline example.

If that weren't the case, I could have suggested an alternate solution, because there is a way to "force specific items to show up".
That is done for the "Spyglass2" during the Tutorial, for example. But a "general fix" like the one I did should be better.

Back