• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No more places!?

Josuviz

Landlubber
Hi dudes, how are u?

Well... im working in several projects in spanish COAS game. One of them, is (or was) the creation of a new island, something like the city of abandoned ships. In the program/locations/init folder, there are the files where is setted the scenaries. Editing the file locations_init.C and creating a new one, "diabloisland.c", in the previously named folder, I have been able to set only two new scenaries. If I try to set one more, the game starts with blackscreen.

I've tried editing the other files, but i have the same problem when I create the third... and here my question, Can I do more than 2 scenaries, or not? if the answer is "yes, you can dude! ;)", i would like know how i can do it.

Thanks for your time and reading. Sorry for the grammar mistakes, if you can't understand something, please, ask me explain it better/properly.

That thing puzzled me for a long long time now I must admit. Even though I don't have the proper answer to your problem I reckon you should check the Resource folder, there are quite a few things connected to the islands ("locations", "models" and "textures" folders come to mind) also /program/islands/ folder.

i can't help but it looks very interesting :)

are you going to create the city of the castaway like in the pirate of Caribbean movie ? (I'm not sure of the English name)

@skodarap thx for ur response. I have searched some file which stablishes the number of endured locations, or something like that.

If i cant find a solution, I can to "steal" some "futile" places, and "replace" it wherever i want in order to satisfy my orders, hahaha.

@daf.fr ....mmmm i have seen the two first movies... but the idea is from another source. There is a old game named "Black Buccaneer". Is about Francis Blade who is trapped in a odd and unknown island and try to escape from there. FBlade, found a magic and dark amulet, which promised him about a hidden great power and fortune. Finally, FBlade escaped from the island with Vanilla, a girl who got married with him.

Perhaps, i will be able to translate the mod if u are interested in it, but i have to find a solution to this problem. Greetings and thx for ur answers.

Back