• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No numpad, rebind numeric pad keys?

Byrkoet

Landlubber
Trying to rebind the numpad keys for speeding up the game. Currently I have a quest, which starts at night, but if I sleep in the tavern, I'm too late for the quest.

To speed up the game I believe I could've pressed +/- on the numpad. However I don't have a numpad. And game loses focus to be usable with a virtual one. Tried checking the options file and all the other files, but no mention of a VK_SUBTRACT or VK_ADD or the symbols themselves.

In City of Abandoned Ships, there is a file "init_pc.c", which mentions the feature and the keys. However TEHO doesn't seem to have that. You also seemed to be able to pass time by crafting in that game, but I haven't reached that point or it's not in the game, dunno actually.

Any ideas?

Thank you for replying. What I did was: copied only the "PROGRAM/controls" directory over to the game's directory. Then edited the calls with "TimeScaleFaster" and "TimeScaleSlower" in "PROGRAM/controls/init_pc.c" by getting the key code from "VK_PRIOR" (page up) and "VK_NEXT" (page down) respectively.

Interesting how they made it so whenever there is code, they compile it at runtime. Perfect for modding I guess - if you get your hands on the sources lol.

Back