• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No One Will Gamble with me!

Westley

Landlubber
I just want to have some fun but now apparently I've gotten too good and they refuse to play with me. What can I do about this?

Have you tried playing with the governors?

Ooops, sorry, my mistake you can only do that in CoAS! Maybe an idea for a mod though! xD:

I've tried different towns, but people just look at me and say something about me being the best dice player in the archipelago, and that they don't want to lose their money.

Well in that case, you are just too well known! It sounds like an intended feature to me.

Real life treats you similarly, as well, in such cases.

It is indeed a delibrate feature (so you cant get your luck to high by doing it) ;)

Sounds like it could be a good mod though Thagarr, if someone was willing to work on it... I would say have the governers allow you to play them IF and ONLY if your well known on the gambling circle :yes

Here's the relevant code from the dialog file:
Code:
						dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI003";
dialog.text = "Don't distract me from my drink!";
link.l1 = "...";
link.l1.go = "exit";
if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 100  && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
{
dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI004";
Dialog.text = "Don't even look my way! You've got a reputation as the best dice player on these islands. I'm not risking it.";
link.l1 = "Fair enough.";
link.l1.go = "exit";
}
if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) >= 50 && makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) < 100  && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
{
dialog.snd = "Voice\HADI\HADI005";
Dialog.text = "They say you're a fine dice player. Want to play a bit?";
link.l1 = "Why not? Let's play.";
link.l1.go = "gambling";
link.l2 = "Not right now.";
link.l2.go = "exit";
}
if (makeint(pchar.quest.gambling) < 50 && makeint(npchar.money) >=100)
{
dialog.snd = pcharrepphrase("Voice\HADI\HADI006", "Voice\HADI\HADI007");
dialog.text = pcharrepphrase("Hey! Want to play a bit? I read on your face - you are lucky in the gamble.", "Oh! Glad to see you, " + GetMyName(Pchar) + ". Do you want to play some dice? Roll the old bones?");
if (makeint(pchar.money) >= 100)
{
link.l1 = "All right, sure. Let's play.";
link.l1.go = "gambling";
}
link.l2 = "Maybe some other time.";
link.l2.go = "exit";
}
Indeed it does appear to be intentional, but you need to first win a LOT of games
(increases your pchar.quest.gambling value) before they don't want to play with you anymore.

Back