• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No overhead health bar

Ruivo

Landlubber
Hello all!

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have the box "Show information about ships at sea" ticked, but my game does not show the overhead health bar above ships during naval combat.

I've seen one post about this same issue here, but the op dismissed it saying he could live with the problem.

So, has anyone encountered this problem before? And if yes, how did you fixed it?

Thanks!

By the way, sorry about posting here as well, it seens this forum has much more activity than Technical Help, people post technical problems here too and this is quite a showstopper bug for me :(

Just posting once will do, mate. If somebody has an answer,
they'll post it regardless of what sub-forum you put it on. :yes

Oh indeed, i should have just deleted the first one :).

On another note, the last time i installed the game i had the same problem, but once or twice the health bar would flicker for a few seconds, then disappear again. Weird thing is, this time i've done a clean install in a separate hard drive on Windows 7 (Last time i had installed in XP).

You can't delete your threads, but I already did it for you.

It sounds like a hardware issue to me, which I haven't got a clue about how to fix. :wacko:

I thought so as well, but those bars work properly in AoP1, and the engine is the same right? I am tweaking and twisting all files i can find to see if i can get it to work, but so far no luck :(

EDIT:

Got it to work! It seems the problem was having Post-Processing enabled. I remembered that i had some UI issues in EVE Online, and they were caused by Post-Processing.

I had to mess with the configuration settings in config.exe to get my game to work to. I am on vista though so I am used to having to tweak stuff to get games to work.

lol, I thought windows 7 would be better for PC Games.

Doesn't really matter in the long run as the PC Gaming Industry is dieing fast due to market competition with consoles. CoAS is the best game that I have bought in a few years and we all know it could use some improvement. Sigh:(

Wasn't my first issue, i had to disable "UseMM = 0" under Sound in engine.ini to get the sound to work properly, otherwise the sound would lag and stutter, like when you turn in slow-motion in a poor quality video.

7 really is alot better than Vista when playing games, both in compatibilty and in performance. I first upgraded from XP to test it 6 months ago, but haven't looked back ever since.

Thats good that windows has made some improvements with windows 7. After all the game related hassles I went through with vista, I could sure use an upgrade. lol, unfortunately I am stuck with vista unless Santa decides to be generous this year:)

Back