• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug No points after sinking a ship

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
B14 3.5 18 July
Just noticed an issue with the relations interface.
When sinking or capturing enemy ships - that enemy relationship does get worse by one point, however, your friendly nations points do not change.
I have sunk a couple of pirates and a French ship in the standard storyline and neither Portugal (LOM) nor England give me a point - so I can never get rank.

Not sure why - this was OK in the last beta.

One thing to note is that the game is playing well and is well balanced - Hats of to all concerned.

Thanks for your efforts.

@Pieter Boelen there are two sets of points right? One for relation and one for promotion, or did I understood wrong?

There is the GetRMRelation and GetActualRMRelation stuff but I never understood the difference.
Seems that is some needless complexity from the ENABLE_FLAGS toggle that with some rewriting we might be able to get rid of.

Anyway, I do think we need to modify the code behaviour for this as we discussed last week.
But nothing has been done yet on that so I don't understand why it would be any different from before.

Back