• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No Safe Port

BladeFireLight

Landlubber
I'm finally free of Barbados but cant find a single safe port. My stat screen shows that every one is hostile but the Spanish. (like that makes sense).
Attempting to walk into any city I get killed on site by the guards.

I ended up starting over till I found a game with the french being friendly. then I avoided killing any English guards except the two that I had to to free my men.
England and France are still neutral to me, and along with the creative end to the anonymous lender quest I'm now safely in a french port with 25000 to my name. I should be able to park the large ship and get a fresh start with something small.

I don't know if this helps, but you can do missions for the priests and if you succeed, he will improve your standing with the nation he serves. Maybe they won't kill you if you have good relations.

<!--quoteo(post=324482:date=Jun 2 2009, 09:01 AM:name=Blade FireLight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blade FireLight @ Jun 2 2009, 09:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I ended up starting over till I found a game with the french being friendly. then I avoided killing any English guards except the two that I had to to free my men.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Actually you don't have to kill any guards at all, IIRC. If you mean the two that are guarding Pretty Boy, you can just bait them and run. Once they give up the pursuit they won't return to their post but start patrolling the plantation like the others.

Back