• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved No Sound/Musik

Gerrit123

Landlubber
Hi,

I found a Bug like the title say, I have no more sound ingame.
I play on: PotC Stock --> 2.1 Full --> 2.2

Error logging is active but i dont recive a .log file.
And yes, systen-sound is on 100% and the game sound is it too.

Any ideas?

PS: Thanks to all Modders for this great Mod!
I'm the new one ;)

:ahoy

Someone else recently posted about missing sounds. This has not happened that I know of until this week. What is your sound system? Do you have a brand new computer?

Hi, my sound system is included in my Notebook ;)
At the first ~ 10 times I start the mod it has worked.
But after that, somthing happened, i don't know..

I have reinstall the Game and the Mods -> 2.1 ->2.2 and it works now again.
Now in hope not to be forced to re-install every few days :) (it takes so much time).

PS: Did i have the possibility to ask a few general questions?
Here I have some in a picture:

questions.png

Greetings Gerrit

POTC worked fine for a while and then something happened....... What else happened at that same time? Why am I thinking your computer needs a defrag? Or was it a hot day when it happened? Anyway, it seems that something corrupted your game.

Starting at the top:
Bloke is slightly better than neutral. It is your reputation. The better that is the friendlier people are in general.

Green hook: Those are green checkmarks. The skills that are checked will advance a little faster than the others.

Cargo mission: Save often! Can you go back to the start of that mission and start over? If not you will have to take a riskier career path. Try smuggling.

Gold: That is your personal gold. The crew money belongs to the ship and everyone is paid from that. At the store you are using the crew money to buy things.

Island: When you start gaining rank you will be given land. Right now you have zero acres of land.

"What else happened at that same time?" The game crashed in town wihle i (I forgot it :rolleyes:).
After load it was silent (every other savegame was silent to).

Heat was not the problem, it is a "gaming" notebook (90% in use for work :() with a huge fan.
And I defrag my notebook every weekend.

To the personal gold, if I pay all with the crew money, for what is it?
And thank you for you help.

So your POTC crashed and then had no sound. Something corrupted it. Perhaps another program started, like antivirus?

Your gold is for you. It has no purpose in the game that I know of besides status.

"Perhaps another program started, like antivirus" Not possible.. I hold my system clean.
My auto boot programs are managed and virus software the is latest (I got no hint from avast).
I have a clean manageable ordered computer...
The problem is located in the game, I'm sure.

The sounds work fine for me. Even the death sounds are working again. If it is the game, then it is the game on your computer. Perhaps you got a bad download.

Back