• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No Valid Ship Types with National Paint Schemes OFF

your internal settings is looking like a BETA 3.4 or BETA 3.5 internal settings. I'm missing settings in there. Did you move them somewhere else?

Also why did you change this one?
Code:
#define MAXMERCHANTCLASS            2             // INT - DO NOT TOUCH THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ADDED TRADESHIPS > CLASS 3
Did you add any tradeships?

same for this one:
Code:
#define CR_MAXPIRATECLASS            2            // INT - maximum class of pirate ship for coaster, NOT the same as MAXPIRATECLASS above

they should be 3 (merchant) and 4 (pirate)

your internal settings is looking like a BETA 3.4 or BETA 3.5 internal settings. I'm missing settings in there. Did you move them somewhere else?
Which file of his are you looking at???
The one that I installed in my game isn't missing any settings (game would refuse to start if it did) and also doesn't have those settings you mention there changed. o_O

For clarity's sake, attached is the one with which I replicated the problem.
That AND the "options" file. I have to do more testing to narrow it down, but I'll do that not today. ;)

Attachments

• InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 89
Oops, my fault. was comparing with an older internal settings in my download folder XD.

Also why did you change this one?
Code:
#define MAXMERCHANTCLASS            2             // INT - DO NOT TOUCH THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ADDED TRADESHIPS > CLASS 3
Did you add any tradeships?

same for this one:
Code:
#define CR_MAXPIRATECLASS            2            // INT - maximum class of pirate ship for coaster, NOT the same as MAXPIRATECLASS above

they should be 3 (merchant) and 4 (pirate)
Actually, I didnt, I just messed with the repair prices and with sailing speed, and other settings that I use like cheatmode.

Hey @Pieter Boelen there are some other errors, check this error LOG. The shipyard doesnt show any other ship to buy. Maybe this is related.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 125
Turns out this IS because of a changed setting.
To be specific, switching OFF "National Paint Schemes" triggers this.

Why do we even HAVE that option??? That one is basically meant to be always on.

@danitim1: I found there was some useless double code in place that was messing this up worse than it should.
So I got rid of it and at least I am no longer getting those messages now with your settings.
Extract attached to your PROGRAM\SEA_AI folder. That should help.

That being said, I dare not vouch for your ship encounters with that setting off.
This is OLD functionality that in some way uses the "refShip.nation" attribute, but only sometimes.
So either some ships now won't appear at all even though they technically should OR all sorts of ships appear where they were never meant to.
Either way, with that setting changed, there is virtually NO relation anymore between paint schemes and ship nations.
In other words: You might just as well encounter my dear Amsterdam under a French flag as under a Dutch one. (YIKES! :razz )

So now I'm very curious: Are you sure you want to change that setting? And if so, why?
It is always interesting to hear from people who like different things in their game. :doff

Attachments

• AIFantom.c
    29.8 KB · Views: 109
Haha, Today I did a clean installation on the game and I had no issues. And yes, I like to find some paint schemes in other NATIONS aswell, just because like... I am ENGLISH ingame, and I want some certain ship with the english paint scheme, and it can be found under the french flag, ill just take it hahaha. Also Id like to meet some other painting schemes to see wich is the pretiest hahaha. :p

But thank you so much pieter for your time to find my problem, your the best! :doff
I also have an storyline in head. But I dont have much experience in codding :(

Back