• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nobody Home

Admirable Mike

HoO Team Member
Creative Support
Hearts of Oak Donator
Hi Peter, and all Pirates

I'm playing Build 14, without the #5 patch. I have a problem in that Bonnaire has a fort and town but they are not occupied and you cannot land there. No flag.
I moved on to Aruba and found no towns and no forts or beaches, nothing. Any ideas?

The ports are listed in the colonies page of F2 and there are ships present when I approach the islands. There is just no way to go ashore.

Admirable Mike

Are you playing in Arcade or Realistic mode? - Check the Options - Realism Settings

Realistic Mode - ( this is the default for Beta 1) - the ports and beaches do not appear on the Sail To menu ( bottom left of screen ) you have to sail arround the island and find them - get the anchor icon at top left of screen - when you have found them once they will appear in future on the Sail To menu. The same thing also applys to the locations in towns ( Tavern, store, town Hall, Shipyard etc ) you have to find them the 1st time then they will appear on the Fast Travel Menu.

Best advice - try and buy maps of the islands as soon as possible - they will show where the Ports & beaches are. :yes

Arcade Mode - when you arrive at an island the ports and beaches are shown immediately on the Sail To Menu - and in town the Fast Travel menu shows the places there and works immediately without having to find them first.

Hope this makes sense

:cheers

Are you playing in Arcade or Realistic mode? - Check the Options - Realism Settings

Thanks for the reply. I did sail around both Bonnaire and Aruba islands. I did see the fort and the town on Bonnaire but there was no flag flying and when I approached the harbor there was no option to anchor.

Thinking that maybe it was date related, I looked up Aruba history on the Net and found it had been settled long before I arrived in 1690.

Maybe another idea?

Thanks for the reply. I did sail around both Bonnaire and Aruba islands. I did see the fort and the town on Bonnaire but there was no flag flying and when I approached the harbor there was no option to anchor.

Maybe another idea?

Have you tried any of the other islands? Do you have the same problems with them?

If you still have problems & are playing in Realistic Mode - best advice is to Save the game - then change the options to Arcade Mode and use that to find the ports- beaches.

Then when you are happpy about finding them ( and know where they are ) change back to Realistic mode

The ports - beaches are sometimes difficult to locate in Realistic mode - if you sail to close to the shore or to far away you can miss them.

Back