• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Noob questions about Build 11

TB303

Landlubber
Hi people,

I'm new to the modding scene, I loved playing POTC but I shelved it when I finished it. Now I have reinstalled this great game and the latest mod which went fine.

However, there are several issues I came across that drive me mad:

1. Normal shops won't sell stuff to me! shipyards won't fix my ship! even in countries that I'm not hostile with - why is that? is there a way to cancel or change this mod?

2. I hate it when you leave the port, or enter one and there are a ton of other ships around. I remember reading somewhere in teh documentation that you can change that, and than you have to be tipped off in order to sink a ship. .How do I change that?

3. Last but not least, the main campaign keeps interupting my game - I bumped into the silly Frenchman who wanted to rob the Oxby mines, I went with him, and I guess we missed the cart because now he or his ship won't leave me, and I can't sink them! ;-))

Other than that, great work people, you've turned a great game to an even better one!

Cheers,
Me.

Welcome to the forum :):

Here's a couple of answers that might help you out.

1. It might be because of your reputation, if you're something like "Horror of the High Seas" then they will refuse to serve you. You can bring up your reputation by rescuing the girl from the rapers in the jungles and a couple of other quests.
You could always see if they will serve you in QC

2. In the PROGRAM folder open up the BuildSettings.h file in Notepad and find the #define AUTOCREATE_CR 1 line and change it to #define AUTOCREATE_CR 0
The file will tell you exactly what you can change in there and what it does for you.

3. I didn't know it was possible to miss the cart. I know that the clearing can be a little hard to find as you have to go through Greenford to find it.
It is possible to remove those quest officers that you don't like simply by taking over another ship and when you select what captain to have select one of your good officers and add Clair Larrouse in one of the other three slots. When you go to sell the ship then Clair will vanish.

3. I didn't know it was possible to miss the cart.

Yarr! Unfortunately it be possible... since de inclusion o' de Rapist quest, ye kin lose de cart cause ye be forced tew stop an' deal wid de damsel in distress. Least Fred Bob reported dis problem back in Build 9 or 10, cain't 'member which at de moment! Nathan at de time had intended tew try tweakin' de Rapist quest so as tew not interfere wid de Claire Larrouse quest! :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Vassal`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vassal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is it possible to make carts carried by animals?[/quote]Preferably undead monkeys.

Am I the only one who goes into first person mode in the jungles and stares at the eagle that flies around?

Note to self: Stay on topic!

Er, uhm, er, I like these kinds of problems better than the "paint yourself into a corner" problems that came with the original game. (whew!)

<!--`QuoteBegin-SirChristopherMings`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirChristopherMings)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Am I the only one who goes into first person mode in the jungles and stares at the eagle that flies around?[/quote]No, you are not! :)

I'd love to try making some pelicans and seagulls for the shore, and more fish for the ocean!

Hey there Christopher   ,youve got a great deal of discipline!  

Why thank you Vassal, it is kind of you to say that.

I have one for you:
Now, the melancholy god protect thee, and the tailor make thy doublet of changeable taffeta, for thy mind is a very opal! I would have men of such constancy put to sea, that their business might be everything and their intent everywhere; for that’s it that always makes a good voyage of nothing. Farewell.
Twelfth Night Act II sc IV

Note to self: Must find a means to promote Vassal.

Regarding the animals: Has anyone else seen those tiny little fish that you can just barely see when you are looking off the side of your ship in first person mode? I keep wanting to see the sharks eat them. Here's a an idea for a mod: you can make one of your captives walk the plank and then sit back and watch the sharks eat him. I think most of us would be willing to take a reputation hit for that kind of entertainment.

I have another small confession, I have tried on more than one occasion to shoot at the sharks with my cannons.
:rolleyes:

Small note, I have split this topic and sent the skinnydipping party over to the Burning Brig as it is much more appropriate over there.

Carry on, pirates! :yes

Back