• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request North Up freeroaming camera view

thorghar

Landlubber
To avoid opening new thread I will add one question.

Is there a possibility to change default camera view on world map from free roam to stuck (default change key – TAB). I have found init_pc.c file with “ CI_CreateAndSetControls( "WorldMapControls", "WMapCameraSwitch", CI_GetKeyCode(CTL_MAP_VIEW_SWITCH), 0, true ); ” but it gave me nothing.

PS. I have been trying to find answer myself, but only had learned how to turned on free camera ;).

Last edited:
The default view is already stuck to the ship.
You have to press Tab for the free roaming.

The Free Camera Mode toggle only affects 3D Sailing Mode and the gameplay ashore.

Maybe I wrote conversely. I mean how to make a default view this one, where north is fixed in the upper part of screen or where I can find file (if any) with such default settings. Thanks anyway.

I have to admit I'd like that too.
Having navigated ocean going vessels for many years, North Up displays make a lot of sense to me.
But I don't know if that is possible. I cannot think of a simple way to do it in any case.

Back